New Member from Louisiana

jtho162

Hey guys! I'm looking to purchase an FZ8 by the end of the month, I found a 2011 and a 2013 that I'm looking at. Is there really that much of a difference between the two? I know that the suspension is adjustable, but I'm not exactly going to be taking the bike to the track, mainly just commuting in the city and the occasional road trip?

Thanks for the advice!

James

Woody146

Banned
Hey guys! I'm looking to purchase an FZ8 by the end of the month, I found a 2011 and a 2013 that I'm looking at. Is there really that much of a difference between the two? I know that the suspension is adjustable, but I'm not exactly going to be taking the bike to the track, mainly just commuting in the city and the occasional road trip?

Thanks for the advice!

James

Welcome! Get the 13...the suspension is "adjustable" lol but by no means it it a track suspension set up...it's just adjustable in the front..rear is the same...the 13' will Probaly have lower miles which you want and you can peel all those blurple stripes right off..other than color and front forks..same bike.

MotoZen

I didn't think that adjustable suspension would be a big deal when I bought my 2012. I ride it all last year without touching the adjustment. The 12, like the 11, only has adjustable preload in the rear. I finally played with that a little bit and WOW, what a difference! Like you, I use my bike for commuting almost exclusively and now I'm planning on some suspension mods as soon as I can afford them. If you can afford it, adjustable suspension is definitely worth it, especially if you're only commuting and won't need to upgrade to track level performance. Just my 2¢.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

DanS

Commuter
:welcome: The 2011 is faster;)... lol
I would consider the 11 if it's in great condition with low miles, you may be able to save a couple $,$$$ to put towards upgrades.

Shorted

Thanks for the advice!

James

I would go with the 2013, but either way, great decision on the FZ8!
Welcome to the forum, great info and awesome people in here.