New Member from Connecticut

Skiman

Just wanted to introduce myself.
Prior to buying my 2012 FZ8 last week I lurked for awhile trying to assess if the FZ8 was right for what I wanted. Lots of great info within these threads that became very useful in my decision. Just came off a 1990 FJ1200 that served me well but needed to down size into a smaller cc range. Never really used any of the Fj's true capabilities and boy was it scary fast at times. Going to be using the FZ as a light tourer with tail and tank bags, soft sided luggage. Have already put in the order for center stand, radiator guard and grab rails. Also got a order in for the MRA Race Screen (the info in the windscreen threads was extremely helpful with lots of honest reviews). First weekend out got in 265 miles and found the FZ stock seat remarkably comfy, but that may change with more miles.
Hoping there is a following of some "seasoned" riders here (you can read that as I am one of the older guys!)
Just alittle history: rode a RD350 back in the 70's, some triumphs and honda's and gave it up when I got married and had kids. When the kids grew up and left the house, the passion for riding came back. Have since had a KLR650, cafe'd XS360, cafe'd CB360, FJ1200 and now the FZ8. Looking for the fun to continue!

Hopefully the photo attached

Skiman