New guy from Wisconsin

reALIGNed

Hi everyone, I just signed up here, and plan on buying an FZ8 (real soon). I've been a Honda guy for years, factory trained tech. worked at various dealers during the 80's for 11 yrs., so I know bikes pretty well. I currently have a 1986 VF500F Interceptor that I put together new at a dealership I was employed at,( 61k miles), so, its time for a new bike. I've chosen Yamaha ever since I saw the FZ8, and I don't care for Honda's current line up. Any help or advice prior to purchase is appreciated. Thanks

H

Hoover

Welcome. You will love the bike.
Where in cheese land are you? There are several of us on here.

reALIGNed

old dude????, well........kind of.......but I'm still young enough to drag a knee now and then...lol, and I can still fly the crap out my rc helicopters. btw, I'm 52 :eek: and I live in Oconomowoc.

Wieb27

Hi, Wisconsin here too. Sheboygan County to be exact but I work on West Brown Deer Road in Milwaukee (my daily commute). You should love the bike. The only 1 thing I would make sure you are aware of with the FZ8 is that you will eat a little more wind that you would on your Interceptor. Not really that bad and I'm more or less used to it now. Just something to be aware of.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
old dude????, well........kind of.......but I'm still young enough to drag a knee now and then...lol, and I can still fly the crap out my rc helicopters. btw, I'm 52 :eek: and I live in Oconomowoc.

Im 50 and everyone tells me im to old to ride a bike like that :eek:

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Welcome old timer!!

Sorry,:welcome: I'm 56 and I can whip those young turks butts on a curvy mountain road.

reALIGNed

Hi, Wisconsin here too. Sheboygan County to be exact but I work on West Brown Deer Road in Milwaukee (my daily commute). You should love the bike. The only 1 thing I would make sure you are aware of with the FZ8 is that you will eat a little more wind that you would on your Interceptor. Not really that bad and I'm more or less used to it now. Just something to be aware of.

wow, thats a lot of driving, I work in Milwaukee and drive 35 miles one way, but your more than double me........sheesh. I was just up in Sheboygan last weekend for a wedding, and my brother used to live in Cedar grove.............small world.

reALIGNed

I went to the dealer tonight with the wife (she rides her own bike as well), and we're going back on Sat. for a test drive...........and if I really like it, I'll wrap it up. :cool:

Wieb27

wow, thats a lot of driving, I work in Milwaukee and drive 35 miles one way, but your more than double me........sheesh. I was just up in Sheboygan last weekend for a wedding, and my brother used to live in Cedar grove.............small world.

Very small world! What are the odds right? My commute is about 38 miles one way to work and roughly 35 minutes. I work just south of 91st and Brown Deer Road.