New from Maryland

ridergrl

Hi Everyone! I just bought my 2011 FZ8 last week. It's my second bike. My first was a 2002 R6 and let me just say that I enjoyed the first 15 minutes on my FZ8 more than all the rides on the R6 combined!

So far my fZ8 is still bone stock. The original owner only put 4200 miles on it, so it still feels brand new. I already ordered the Motodynamic smoked led taillights and fender eliminator bracket and am anxiously awaiting for them to arrive. After that I have my eyes on the two brothers v.a.l.e. exhaust in carbon fiber, frame sliders & possibly some bar end mirrors. Looking forward to chatting with everyone. Happy & safe riding!!

ridergrl

Nice bike! When and where did your order your smoked motodynamic light?

I ordered then from motodynamic's website. When I first looked they were out of stock but there was an option available to be notified when they were back in stock. Surprisingly I got notified only a few short days afterwards. I just got my email that it shipped yesterday :D the cost wasn't too bad $85 w/ shipping.

grant696

I ordered then from motodynamic's website. When I first looked they were out of stock but there was an option available to be notified when they were back in stock. Surprisingly I got notified only a few short days afterwards. I just got my email that it shipped yesterday :D the cost wasn't too bad $85 w/ shipping.

Already sold out again ugh!

ridergrl

:welcome:

So what most set the 8 apart from your last bike?

For me its absolutely the riding position. I was never real comfortable manuvering my r6 at slow speeds (in parking lots and such) bc of the position of the handlebars and top heavy nature of the bike, I always felt like I was gonna tip over. Not to mention my last bike was carbureted, so it was never smooth or consistent in 1st gear. Now I'm still a fairly new rider so some of this could've been me but I had that bike for 2 years and ever since I bought my fz8 I already feel more confident and comfortable at doing those things I mentioned.

mrarmy300

Pillion
Ah. I can relate, my last bike was a carbureted HD Sportster. Fuel injection is quite nice-especially on cold mornings when it starts right up. The rider position was a draw to the 8 for me also. It is more neutral, you can the hug the tank and go carve corners or sit up and cruise on the interstate. :tup: