New bike by Eric Buell.

Bajaedition

I am Jazzed Buell survives

but what a price
HD has done a lot of foot shooting in their history, and breaking off of the relationship with Eric is one of them.

I mean how many sport bike riders had a Buell with a HD engine in them?

wow how could they been so dumb, the bikes were selling well for such a nich market and they only had the engine sales liability. All else was Buelss till they decided to buy Buell, and then they break that off. Talk about control issues.

Anyway, Long live Buell, one of the few companies that continuously works outside the box.

thach1130

Anyway, Long live Buell, one of the few companies that continuously works outside the box.

Agreed, I only found the FZ8 because i was searching for a Buell XB9S on craigslist. Some guy decided to list the FZ8 and referenced to the buell as a similar bike and i fell in love with the look of the FZ8. I still lust over the rim mounted brake rotor, frame cell fuel tank (lol imagine buying a used buell with caked up fuel in the fuel tank), swing arm oil reservoir (same with fuel tank) and underbelly exhaust. Buell were such unique bike until Harley took over.

I'm not big on Harley engine. I think Buell feels the same way. The last few years of their production they no longer use Harley Vtwin. I think they use Rotax engine.

I hope from the link above they have finally moved to watercooling. The air cooling of the old Buell was terrible and resulted in bad reliability.

Update: a check of the last production year of Buell shows their bike does use watercooling. Thank goodness.

cxa0897

That torque graph is ridiculous. If I was looking to drop some dough on a super bike I'd be taking a very long look at that buell. Lots of cool features, lots of good looks, and some serious power

Rotaryknight

It has more torque then my little Mazda 2 with its 1.5 liter lol

I wonder how much braking torque is created from that single rotor. Is it enough to stop it like a supersport bike.

Marthy

Talking about this bike. That would be the only SS I would buy today. Sick machine!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Marthy

Where have you been? LOL Been few days... Exhaust done and collected some data for the fuel controller. Should have something together within a week or so to tune the 09.

I have few clip on Youtube also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I wonder how much braking torque is created from that single rotor. Is it enough to stop it like a supersport bike.

I have a friend that has been on and off racing and track daying 1125r's for years, and he says that with those brakes you have to really..... Really learn "how" to brake, because you will endo lol

Some could say they are a little too effective.