New 2012 FZ8 color

What do you think about the new paint scheme for 2012?

• Wish that color was available when I bought mine.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Not bad, but no thanks.

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Looks so bad, it should increase the value of my pre-2012 FZ8.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
H

Hoover

The black forks on the grey bike look great. But I do love the gold forks on the black one.

djcecil

i'm in middle of making mine blue, the 2011's frame, engine etc is a matte black, same one they use on all their frames for awhile. i looked it up while looking for a yamaha blue. press photo always going to be looking a little diff than what you can touch, i submit as evidence photo number two by mister 007..........i don't think they are going to change that paint for 2012 to make frames darker. but i have no proof and our bike got excellent reviews in sport riders naked comp oct issue.

Last edited:

Speedo007

press photo always going to be looking a little diff than what you can touch, i submit as evidence photo number two by mister 007....

I modified the original one, I removed the blinkers and under tail, and changed the colors...so usually press material is really what you get. :)

FaZerick8

Bravo to Yammy for bringing the 8 back in 12. I do like the colors but prefer what I have.
Price is cheaper than anticipated, and still waaaay cheaper than the competition.

Now, let the aftermarket companies go nuts :wav:

I like it, but I agree with others, the gold forks with black is a great combo. Gold forks with grey... not so much!

Yep, good to see that there is going to be a 2012 FZ8 that isn't a leftover 2011, but I'm not fond of the grey color.

C

Camo

Now this is what they should have done. Black exhaust, black forks, and get rid of those ugly undertail and blinkers. (Of course it looks better without any, but just something similar to what Triumph do on their Speed and Street for blinkers and undertail would have looked much better.) THe ones on the FZ8 are so ugly, its the first bike on which I HAD to change them. Oh and decent mirror designs like Ducati make.

I got to the end of the thread, ready to pretty much say that to the letter!
The mirrors aren't so bad though imo.
The FZ8 sticker on the rear makes it look really tacky.

djcecil

no photoshop, just a guy and some paint. this winter i am going to do a teardown and put a thick coat of this color and make it shine. for now, you can't even tell it has hit the pavement (and the explorer, can we say make sure your stand is all the way down)

Last edited:

Hereward

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gke2e2FjOGc]2012 Yamaha FZ8 WGP 50th Anniversary Limited Edition photo compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Youtube vid of the 50th aniversary 2012 FZ8....white with speed blocks and red and black highlites...........looks a mess from every angle!

Last edited:

djcecil

i love that scheme on ben's bike, totally a mess on the fz8 you are so correct. i had wanted to do those colors but i knew it just would not work. thanks for the post hereward

C

Camo

That red white and black is rubbish. They should have brought out a 50th Anniversary in Yammy blue and up spec'd the bike.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i kinda like the red/white look on the fz8, but did anyone notice it has the added cowls on the "underbelly" in black? first off, i wonder if they are stock on that edition, second they should have made them red or white...just no black.

btw....ben is third spot starting today!