New 2012 FZ8 color

What do you think about the new paint scheme for 2012?

• Wish that color was available when I bought mine.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Not bad, but no thanks.

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Looks so bad, it should increase the value of my pre-2012 FZ8.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Speedo007

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2011/09/2012-yamaha-bold-new-graphics/

Color scheme seems a bit familiar:

Really think black forks fit better with the matte grey paint...

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i was afraid to click as when yamaha showed off the 2011 r1/r6 and fz6r i was BLOWN away at the colors....this one, not so much.

Speedo007

I think they were quite inspired by the Street Triple R, they even put the "8" in orange on flat grey...

That said, the exhaust was better looking all black, they should have cleaned up the welding on the headers, and used this opportunity to put blinkers that arent from 20 years ago (I still don't get it, it's just the shape of the plastic that changes, it doesnt cost more to make em look nice, just look at Triumph blinkers for example, you don't need to replace them they look modern when stock). That said with proper mods, it should look pretty good.

DownhomeMoto

I like it... but I'm also a big Matte color guy. I do like my bike though. So I guess I would say... it wouldn't matter to me what color they had when I bought mine. I like them both.

H

Hoover

Bravo to Yammy for bringing the 8 back in 12. I do like the colors but prefer what I have.
Price is cheaper than anticipated, and still waaaay cheaper than the competition.

Now, let the aftermarket companies go nuts :wav:

mano1192

I like it, but I agree with others, the gold forks with black is a great combo. Gold forks with grey... not so much!

Speedo007

Bravo to Yammy for bringing the 8 back in 12. I do like the colors but prefer what I have.
Price is cheaper than anticipated, and still waaaay cheaper than the competition.

Now, let the aftermarket companies go nuts :wav:

Well it ain't that cheap either...at least in Canada, the Street Triple's price is 9999$ the FZ8 is 10500$...(Although you get deals on both so those prices can vary...)

RoMav

I think it would look better if they just did the frame and all the top bits in flat grey as well instead of part grey part black. The gold and grey is a little odd however. Keep the black can though!

beefcake morris

I am not a fan of the new color combo. I wish they kept the bike the same except for gold rims, like the FZ1 had a while back and black clutch and brake levers.

H

Hoover

I am not a fan of the new color combo. I wish they kept the bike the same except for gold rims, like the FZ1 had a while back and black clutch and brake levers.

I am seriously thinking about painting my rims gold during the winter break

hypo

I hate the can (but most people switch that out) and I HATE the engine highlights, if that is greyed highlights and not just bad reflection from the photography.

but I think the tank and tail transition is smooth... I can live with that.

H

Hoover

Dont think the engine is painted. That would be very expensive to do.
I'm sure it's just the picture.
Does this mean it is only available in this scheme or can you still get the real one?

Speedo007

Now this is what they should have done. Black exhaust, black forks, and get rid of those ugly undertail and blinkers. (Of course it looks better without any, but just something similar to what Triumph do on their Speed and Street for blinkers and undertail would have looked much better.) THe ones on the FZ8 are so ugly, its the first bike on which I HAD to change them. Oh and decent mirror designs like Ducati make.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

I just noticed the FZ8 logo on the tail piece. BARF.
If they have clearcoated that like the one on the tank, that would not be good.