need advice guys...

97audia4

Tonight me and my girlfriend went out to a local bar we frequently go to and a guy in a joe rocket jacket showes up after riding his bike in. Wouldnt really care but he gets a trashcan which has like 7 shots in it and a redbull then orders another. So after seeing that it was about 12:20 and I tell the bartender to stop serving him after he was done with the second drink and she says ok . Am I a dick for doing that ? I really was torn each way about what to do.

socal

i always found it funny how the guy that shouldnt drink usually has the worst common sense and drinks the most.

krillz

Makes you want to punch him in the face. We have a local bar called Scooters. Once 2 am rolls around drunk bikers every where. I don't get it

JSP

Administrator
He should have never had the first one if it had that much alcohol in it and drove. ESPECIALLY on a bike. WAY less margin for error while on a bike. Best policy is NO alcohol if riding.

9 Lives

The OP never said if he got on the bike after the drinks but lets say he did. Just telling the bartender to stop serving him is not the answer. Stopping him from getting on the bike is.

97audia4

The OP never said if he got on the bike after the drinks but lets say he did. Just telling the bartender to stop serving him is not the answer. Stopping him from getting on the bike is.

we were leaving at the time so idk know if he did or not but I can only hope his friends he was with stopped him but who knows

rug_burn

You probably did the guy and the bar both a favor, but I know how one feels like a dick putting his nose into someone else's business. I once was talking to an old guy at a bar who had 7 Long Island Ice Teas while I had two or three beers, and he got back in his truck and drove the 1/2 mile home over country roads. He had a pretty good tolerance to alcohol, and maybe so did the guy in your case and he probably maintained and got home okay. Still though, it is a hazard, and you did the best thing in the interest of everyone, so don't worry about it.