my new 2012 FZ8!

07cobaltLScoupe

hey guys! just wanted to say hi and i'm the proud new owner of a new 2012 FZ8 and i can't wait for spring to get here! this isn't my first bike (i have a 1979 Honda 400 that's 95% original as well) but i wanted another bike that i could get a little more use out of, and after going back and forth on a few different bikes i finally settled on an FZ8. it currently has 13 miles on it and sits in our basement all covered up. it was 100% stock when i hauled it home but i already put an Evotech Performance Fender Eliminator/ Tail Tidy on it yesterday and i have a list of other parts i want to order soon (Yosh slip on, frame sliders, etc.). i'll be sure to add updates when i have more parts on and i actually get to ride it :)

Lee_533

Welcome...If I may ask, how did you get the bike in the basement? The basements I've seen don't exactly have vehicle access lol.

H

Hoover

Welcome aboard bud.
I'd love to see some pics of the Honda. I have my eye on a 79 400/4 that has been cafe'd thats for sale at my buddies shop right now.

waypoint

mod squad
Welcome and YES... Pics please... Of the both bikes.
We do love our pics here :D It's like bringing our own home all over again.
BTW, it's a great forum with great members so hang out and post often!

07cobaltLScoupe

thanks guys! i'll get pics up when i can too!

Welcome,you'll like it a lot more than that old Honda I betcha!

yea the Honda was a perfect starter bike for me, but at 65mph it would just scream so i would only really take it on backroads, i did put 1300 miles on it last year thou!

Welcome...If I may ask, how did you get the bike in the basement? The basements I've seen don't exactly have vehicle access lol.

i backed it right in the basement walk-in door haha

and here's a pic of my Honda! all original other than shorty mufflers since the stockers were shot lol (oh and i have polished all of the chrome since this pic)

07cobaltLScoupe

so a little update...

i already installed an Evotech Performance Fender Eliminator/Tail Tidy, i currently have black/gold yamaha OEM tank decals ordered to replace the black/silver ones, and i'm hoping to order an exhaust/frame sliders/rear spools/ and whatever else in the next 2 weeks or so if possible.

oh and i should have pics soon, a friend brought over all his camera equipment this morning and did a full photo shoot with the bike right in the basement!

reALIGNed

thanks guys! i'll get pics up when i can too!

yea the Honda was a perfect starter bike for me, but at 65mph it would just scream so i would only really take it on backroads, i did put 1300 miles on it last year thou!

i backed it right in the basement walk-in door haha

and here's a pic of my Honda! all original other than shorty mufflers since the stockers were shot lol (oh and i have polished all of the chrome since this pic)

Welcome.......that old Honda looks to be in pretty good shape, not to mention it has factory ComStar Wheels, (pre HRC). I'de keep that forever, kind of rare.

07cobaltLScoupe

thanks man! yea i do plan on keeping it in the family at least. the paint is in pretty good shape but the chrome has some pitting in areas but each time i polish it more and more comes off. who knows maybe once i get my own house/garage i'll be able to tear down the whole bike and restore it 1 winter, get the chrome all professionally re-polished and just clean it up from top to bottom.

and on another note i got the FZ8 out today and put about 55 miles on it, i'm happy other than it's too quiet so i'm gonna need to change that haha. i'm used to hearing the exhaust of the Honda and on the FZ8 all i hear is wind and the tires

07cobaltLScoupe

so a little update...

a buddy did a full studio photo shoot for his portfolio but i've been waiting to get those pics so when i get them i'll post some up

and today i just ordered an exhaust (Danmoto XG-1) and frame sliders