My FZ8 for sale soon

Speedo007

Damn...I put my bike on sale on a website this morning, and got 2 calls within an hour. One is driving down 400km to pick it up tomorrow, no negociation on price or anything...now I just need to find an MT-01 lol! I'll go crazy within a bike for too long...

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Damn...I put my bike on sale on a website this morning, and got 2 calls within an hour. One is driving down 400km to pick it up tomorrow, no negociation on price or anything...now I just need to find an MT-01 lol! I'll go crazy within a bike for too long...

Damn, that was quick! So I guess he is gonna keep all the extras. Boo.

JK, good luck with the sale.

Speedo007

Yeah all extras on, first time I sell something so fast without buyer not even wanting to negociate...Im just screwed now that I havent found my next bike...was expecting to sell it fast as in 2-3 weeks, not as in 2-3 hours! Oh well now you guys know, if you ever decide to sell your bike one day, assume it will leave VERY fast...! :)

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Yeah all extras on, first time I sell something so fast without buyer not even wanting to negociate...Im just screwed now that I havent found my next bike...was expecting to sell it fast as in 2-3 weeks, not as in 2-3 hours! Oh well now you guys know, if you ever decide to sell your bike one day, assume it will leave VERY fast...! :)

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you let it go for?

Speedo007

8000$CDN. It had 20000km on it, 2 year warranty good til march 2013. Some dealers here are selling new 2011 for 8500$, so I couldnt ask much more even if I have all the goodies on it...goodies are like alcohol, you can never expect a return on your investment.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
8000$CDN. It had 20000km on it, 2 year warranty good til march 2013. Some dealers here are selling new 2011 for 8500$, so I couldnt ask much more even if I have all the goodies on it...goodies are like alcohol, you can never expect a return on your investment.

Nice. Good to know I can most likely sell for a lot more than I owe!

Speedo007

Keep in mind bikes are a bit cheaper on your side of the border, us canadians like getting screwed a lot hehe Here a 2012 is sold 9500$. You can usually deal them by near 1000$ at the end of the season.

Last edited:

i was lucky enough to to test a ride a mt-01 at our local bike weekend in 2008! it was a torque monster! fun to ride found it a little heavy threw town but very comfortable at high way speed!! loved the bike hated the price tag if you can find one for 10k brand new that would be amazing! hope you come back to share pics if you purchase one!

Speedo007

I pretty much gave up on buying a new one...I even called in Saskatchewan to find one hehe But found a used one in Fredericton, 7000$ with 9000km. Funny thing is it's older then my FZ8 by 4 years but has less then half the milleage on it :)

Only crappy part is I need to fly down there (2 hour flight or like 15 hours by train for about the same price!)...adding about 300$ on the price.

Speedo007

yeah I found a few 2006 but this one for example is a demo bike (on a bike like this, no thanks...) and just hate the bluish frame and swingarm...past 2007 its all black.

This is the model I'm about to buy, and what I already have planned for it hehe

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Nice! Quick sale and picking out an awesome torque monster! :D Here you go!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QbYOcoALM[/ame]

Speedo007

In Canada we tend to say that about Europe. This is about the only bike I can think of that was sold here and not in the States as you represent a much larger market...

Speedo007

1h30 of car to the airport, 1h30 of flight, 8h ride back home and bike is now sitting in the driveway :D Love it! Though it's not as agile as the FZ8 obviously (theres a little 100lbs extra...) it handles superbly and way better then what I expected when I saw the bike in person! its got loads of torque, sounds awesome even with stock exhausts (dont know how Yamaha managed to homologate those exhaust!). Now I just ordered a few bits and pieces and will have it vinyl rapped in charcoal gray (front fender and tank).
The experience is SO different, when you start it you have the impression the mirrors and flashers will fall off from vibration lol! but as soon as it revs just above idle, vibration becomes just nice character, and its just pure fun to ride even at legal speeds. Not the lightest bike, not the most practical (exhausts limits luggage options), but I must say on the fun factor its a 10/10)