My FZ8 for sale soon

Speedo007

Ok so in the past 5 years I bought a new bike every year. Bought the FZ8 last Spring and thought I'd keep it at least 2 years. But I think I've been trying to find the holy grail of motorcycles that would do it all perfectly. Conclusion: It doesnt exist.

My plans are to buy a used Yamaha MT-01 for when I ride solo, and a boring used Vstrom 650 for when I ride 2 up or very long distances with full GIVI hard cases.

My bike has 20000km, front tire is brand new, rear tire is about 25% used, chains and sprockets brand new (conversion -1, +2) it's fully equipped has always been maintained at the dealer, by the book. I put over 2000$ in options on it.

I'd be ready to let it go at 7800$ CDN. I'm near Montreal, Canada, so let me know if you're interested. I think the price is reasonable. But if I can't get that price I might just take off the goodies and sell those separately :)

Last edited:

Speedo007

Thanks man. I think I have what they call a motorcycle addiction hehe...I just want them all, yet can't afford to have 20 bikes at the same time :) That said still love the bike certainly not bored by it by any means hehe

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Don't do it! Just kiddin man, do what makes you happy. Although, if you do decide to part out, I want dibs on the lower cowling.

:)

wa2txcory

Damn

Good luck with your sale. Your bike is one of my favorites on this site. The black headers and belly pan is an awesome combo.

Speedo007

Yeah if I sell parts it will probably be easier to sell to canadians, as shipping often ruins the deal on parts this big or heavy (slip-on for weight, belly pan for size...). But as soon as I know I'll post accessories with price excluding shipping and you can see for yourself if it's worth it or not :)

C

Camo

Bit of a shame to see you parting with it mate.. Good luck on your sale though, hope it's quick and painless.

C

calscrazy

good luck with the sale! sorry to see you go but hope you are happy with whatever you buy.

D

DJK1505

Damn and I thought I was bad. I am just planning on buying another next fall, I dont want to sell the 8. I do want the MV brutale 657 pretty freaking bad, so double payments and a few extra dollars here and there and its paid off by august. And then, the MV by next year. Sorry to hear you are selling yours. good luck with the sale and the next bike!!

DJ

Speedo007

Thanks, and if Im not happy I'll just have to change bikes yet again next year lol! I'm going to check out a 2007 MT-01 with only 6000km on it. Good thing about the MT-01 is it seems most owners just shine the bikes and go for a little sunday ride, so all the used bikes I find are in mint condition...

For those that might wonder what the hell Im doing, check this video with eyes closed and tell me it doesnt sound like a WWII Spitfire hehe
http://youtu.be/1_QbYOcoALM?t=2m23s

D

DJK1505

DAMN, I just looked up that MT-01, dude thats a sweet ass bike! I have never heard of them. Bad ass man!

Speedo007

Damn and I thought I was bad. I am just planning on buying another next fall, I dont want to sell the 8. I do want the MV brutale 657 pretty freaking bad, so double payments and a few extra dollars here and there and its paid off by august. And then, the MV by next year. Sorry to hear you are selling yours. good luck with the sale and the next bike!!

DJ

Yeah was also checking out the Brutal 675. But after sitting on its big brother bike at a bike show, I realized italian designers don't like tall people, no leg room at all (Im 6'1" with long legs)...but what sexy lookin bike!

Speedo007

Yeah the MT-01 is a 1700cc pushrod V-Twin with only 90HP, but 115lbs of torque...and 100% of which are accessible at around 2500rpm...redline? 5500rpm haha I should be able to pull a boat with that thing, while top speed is less then the Fz8.

D

DJK1505

yeah, Im 5'10" 155, so it should be a good fit. I really like that white and brown. I have not had a chance to sit on one yet. the closest dealer is 4 hours. This summer I will head up to PA and look at them. Its either the white 675, or the 920, not too sure. either way its a freaking expensive bike, but I want it!!!!

DJ

I do like that MT-01 your looking at. Thats a sweet ride!

Speedo007

From what I remember it was about the price of a Speed Triple...and performance specs were pretty close. For it's exotic value alone, I think it's well worth it. Only down fall with an MV is I've heard if you start having electronic problems you can be months without the bike...not a problem if you have another bike, but if it's your only bike I wouldnt consider it...

D

DJK1505

Im done with dealers, I will repair anything myself. I have the shops to do it, and the tools. Unless MV has some ECM software I can not purchase and it has to go to them, I refuse to have anything serviced at ANY dealer again.

Man I really like that MT, freaking cool ass bike! I have never seen one.

Speedo007

Yeah you never seen much cause none were ever sold in the USA, and in Canada I dont think even 100 were sent here. They don't do them anymore. I think it was also too expensive for such an unpractical bike. They were around 20k$ in 2006 when they were launched and around 18k$ in 2009 (last year they were sent here). (Only harley customers would pay that much for a bike you cant put luggage on, have no wind protection, no cruise control, traction control, abs, heated grips or any other gadget-and I would never buy a Harley and dress like a pirate). This bike goes back to the basics, only a huge vintage tachometer in the middle and sound that will make you grin from the get go :)

I contacted my Yamaha dealer it seems some dealers in Canada might still have some bikes in crates from 2009 selling for like 10-11000$...at that price its quite reasonable...if not I can get a used 2007 with 6000km for around 7500$.

See any resemblance with this sound:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Q99XsYb1w"]Low flying Spitfire aircraft - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nlGN6aS8g&feature=fvwrel"]Pure Merlin Engine Sounds "Without Music". - YouTube[/ame]

? :D

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

Jesus for that price it looks really good on a show room floor. But it is a cool ass sounding and looking bike. Post up pics when you get it.