My FZ8 for sale soon

C

Camo

That's one sexy beast you got yourself there mate! Be sure to keep us posted...

Speedo007

Here's an update:

Little black theme going on...this winter I'll have the tank painted dark charcoal, and then I'm done on mods, once flashers are replaced. Just love the bike :) Wish I had still had my FZ8 parked next to it, but until I win the lottery I'll have to limit myself to one bike at a time hehe

Last edited:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Sweet bike speedo. That thing has an interesting exhaust note. Reminds of the Buell, but much much nicer.

Speedo007

Thanks, yeah its the first bike that I buy that even with stock exhaust has a nice note. But I'd like to put the Akrapovic slip-ons...but they are 2500$...yikes! If you want the headers its another 1500-2000$...

Speedo007

2007 Yamaha MT-01. They were only sold in Canada, Europe and Australia that I know of. It's a 1700cc V-twin based on the Yamaha Warrior but tweaked for more torque. It's got fully adjustable suspensions, sports bike frame, 6 piston front brakes, basically a sports bike with a fat v-twin in it hehe. It's not a Vmax by any means, but it does have loads of torque. It's got about 90hp but 111lbs of torque. The FZ8 has 106HP and 60lbs of torque (though the FZ8 probably weighs 100lbs less). So one has more power, the other has more torque, quite a different experience. I find the MT-01 more fun at somewhat legal speeds because of it's engine character (though it's perfectly capable of cruising at 150km/h, top speed is 210km/h. Inline 4s are a blast but you always need to put your license on the line to fully enjoy them, that's what made me consider this bike to start with...

Did some shooting last week the right side is more impressive with the big headers but the left side has a more sporty look:

And here's a test I did with Gopro Hero2 and external mic with stock exhausts:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxAN9nz-Tg"]MT-01 film with GoPro Hero 2 and external mic plugged into it - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: