My cutom exhaust hanger

Motogpmad

I decided to custom make my own exhaust hanger today. I thought , why pay out for one when i can make one? All i have done is cut down the existing foot rest hanger so it looks just like a hanger with out the foot peg. I will powdercoat it matt black this week and fit it when i put my headers and end can back on. I can buy a second hand foot rest from ebay cheaper than i can buy a after market hanger. Makes sense really.

waypoint

mod squad
I like it! Just put my new TBR M2 Black can on and played around with removing the footpeg to see how it would look as just a hanger. It was a bit bulky with the fp mount but what you did looks great. i really like the GP look with the whole bracket removed off the other side, and this makes it all come together... Nice!

now we just need a cool badge or plate to cover the bracket holes on the left side.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
awesome!! I'm digging the creativity. I guess this means no passenger for sure?

Last edited:

Blanchy

I like it! Just put my new TBR M2 Black can on and played around with removing the footpeg to see how it would look as just a hanger. It was a bit bulky with the fp mount but what you did looks great. i really like the GP look with the whole bracket removed off the other side, and this makes it all come together... Nice!

now we just need a cool badge or plate to cover the bracket holes on the left side.
You can get a helmet lock from Japan that fits the left side.

H

Hoover

Took the missus out on it once. Never again. Fz8 is a solo bike in my eyes.:)

Curious why mate? We have discussed the seat angle issue at length on here, but other than that and slightly soft spring, I quite like taking my wife for rides.

Motogpmad

Curious why mate? We have discussed the seat angle issue at length on here, but other than that and slightly soft spring, I quite like taking my wife for rides.
She wasn't comfortable. Kept sliding forward and crushing me against the tank. No grab rails ,im not paying out for some just to take her out every now and then. And i dont want to have to cut the seat unit about to fit the grab rails. crap suspension at the best of times but even worse with a pillion.

H

Hoover

She wasn't comfortable. Kept sliding forward and crushing me against the tank. No grab rails ,im not paying out for some just to take her out every now and then. And i dont want to have to cut the seat unit about to fit the grab rails. crap suspension at the best of times but even worse with a pillion.

Okies mate, same issue as all of then. A Corbin rear seat will take care of the sliding, an FZ1 shock will take care of the bounce.

Assuming I can ride this year, I will be buying a C seat. I love taking my wife and she loves to ride. We had a TL1000S before this and she loved that bike. She was well pissed when I got shot of it. Very comfortable and smooth for a passenger...I guess!

Motogpmad

Okies mate, same issue as all of then. A Corbin rear seat will take care of the sliding, an FZ1 shock will take care of the bounce.

Assuming I can ride this year, I will be buying a C seat. I love taking my wife and she loves to ride. We had a TL1000S before this and she loved that bike. She was well pissed when I got shot of it. Very comfortable and smooth for a passenger...I guess!
Tbh mate, she isnt to bothered about going on the bike with me. Its my thing i do.
I also owned a tl1000. I had the R model though with the full fairing. Crazy bike.

C

Camo

My wife isn't really interested in getting on the bike either, that's why I bought the 8 instead of a better two up bike.
She's happy for bikes to be my thing thank fuck.... I like being able to piss off on the bike to get away from it all.

Motogpmad

My wife isn't really interested in getting on the bike either, that's why I bought the 8 instead of a better two up bike.
She's happy for bikes to be my thing thank fuck.... I like being able to piss off on the bike to get away from it all.
My thoughts exactly mate. If she was really keen i would have bought something more siutable too. Probably would have gone for the fz1 fazer.

W

WARPTH

Not to derail the thread, but while were talking wives, mine wants me to get a harley... and would love to get on the back,

cambo

Avid Rider
looks awesome! I'm kind of in the same boat (with only one rear foot peg bracket)...but by accident haha.

I think I'll try you mod out!

Motogpmad

I just went at it with a small grinder with a 1mm disc. It cut pretty easy. a little bit of sanding with 180 grit on a sander soon got it all smooth for powder coat. Why buy new when you can use old :D