Mod Addiction

Mint

I have had my Fz for just over a year now, and have just hit the 10,000km....and I love it. It’s just a great looking, great fun bike. Last weekend I went out for a bit of a jaunt, only intending to ride up to a nearby cafe and get my morning coffee...I returned home several hours later , after clocking up 220+kms and would have stayed out longer if I could have.
The only bad point of the bike is that it has sparked a mod addiction in me...lol. I have had a lot of bikes, and my modifications have always been limited to a pipe, and maybe a tinted screen if I felt generous....but with the Fz I can’t seem to help myself. It doesn’t help that there are two other black 8’s where I work, so there are a few different add-ons on each of the bikes to make them individual...but I have definitely been the busiest and subsequently now the poorest .
Here is a bit of a game... Have a look at the first pic and before you look at the second pic...see if you can spot what wasn’t on the bike when it came out of the wrapper...lol.

mikefz8

I have had my Fz for just over a year now, and have just hit the 10,000km....and I love it. It’s just a great looking, great fun bike. Last weekend I went out for a bit of a jaunt, only intending to ride up to a nearby cafe and get my morning coffee...I returned home several hours later , after clocking up 220+kms and would have stayed out longer if I could have.
The only bad point of the bike is that it has sparked a mod addiction in me...lol. I have had a lot of bikes, and my modifications have always been limited to a pipe, and maybe a tinted screen if I felt generous....but with the Fz I can’t seem to help myself. It doesn’t help that there are two other black 8’s where I work, so there are a few different add-ons on each of the bikes to make them individual...but I have definitely been the busiest and subsequently now the poorest .
Here is a bit of a game... Have a look at the first pic and before you look at the second pic...see if you can spot what wasn’t on the bike when it came out of the wrapper...lol.

Now all you need is a headlight projector from Rabbitman :)

Speedy2

Can you tell me how you like your mirrors? Do they vibrate anything like the stock ones?

MotoZen

That's a pretty extensive list of mods you've got there. I know how you feel. I just picked mine up a few months ago and I keep looking through the forums and thinking, "I want that. And that. . . . And that, that, and that."

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

thach1130

That's a pretty extensive list of mods you've got there. I know how you feel. I just picked mine up a few months ago and I keep looking through the forums and thinking, "I want that. And that. . . . And that, that, and that."

Easy, look into the forum again and instead list stuffs you can't afford. I can't afford this, or that, or that , yup that too, definitely can't afford that. Soon your addiction will subside or you find a second job.

In case you can't control your addiction, I'm just going to place this here. Also this. Food for thoughts you know...

Last edited:

MotoZen

Easy, look into the forum again and instead list stuffs you can't afford. I can't afford this, or that, or that , yup that too, definitely can't afford that. Soon your addiction will subside or you find a second job.

In case you can't control your addiction, I'm just going to place this here. Also this. Food for thoughts you know...
Thanks for that! That was probably the best laugh I've had in a while.

MotoZen

Hey Rabbit, can you send me a link to said projectors?

Mint

Can you tell me how you like your mirrors? Do they vibrate anything like the stock ones?

Actually they don't vibrate much, but to be honest I can't see a whole lot out of them....they are pretty small. I have to pull my elbows in to see properly and It took a while to get them in the right position. Then once you do you cannot move them without them going slack. I have tried to adjust them a couple of times when out riding and then had them swinging about in the wind until I could get the tools out and tighten them.
They are definitely a case of form over function....but who cares they look cool , and that is all that matters, right ?...plus kangaroos and dingoes mostly attack from the front. :D