Miles per Tire.

krillz

Hey Fellas and Ladies, I come from a Supermoto bike that was getting about 2,000 miles per $150 tire. Thats over 3 tires a year. I know everyone has there idea of what they like but what type of miles are you getting on "Your" tire. Im asking road, not track. My Supermoto tire was the Conti-Force SM. Awesome tire IMO. Nothing like dragging a peg on a tall SM. Thanks

D

DJK1505

All of my Bridgestone got about 4-6K, BT021, BT016, BT003 (think I pushed it a bit to make it 4K). My Michelins Pilot Powers have about 5K on them now and am getting down to the wear bar. Next tire is going to be the Pilot Power Pure, manufacturer suggested 3-6K.

DJ

Jwood9

Im still using the stock tires and they have 7200 miles... Im also looking into what to get. What is a reasonable street tire with good performance?

JSP

Administrator
A good dual compound sport touring tire will last into 10k miles. Pilot Road 2's are my favorites.

i have a pilot rd 3 on the rear right now just waiting for spring to put on the front love the rear

C

Camo

I got 4600km's out of the BT016's. That included one track day.

BLAZEX09

Commuter
I had power pure tires on my R6, they were amazing just not very long lasting, got just over 5,000km on mine.

Going to go with the Pilot Road 3. When I wear out the stocks on the FZ.

Last edited:

cpatt

i have almost 10k miles on my stock tires.. and there still were im comfortable with them... but id like something a bit more sticky

ssky0078

I had S20's on my Fz6 and thought they were great. they basically are the new and improved BT016. Those tires gave me a ton of confidence because they were pliant to the road surface and stuck like glue.

I have the Pilot Road 2's on my Fz1. 2,000 miles in and they still look like new. I did not like them at first becuase I listened to someone on the other forum that said to put the pressure at 38/40 which made the tire way too hard. I then dropped them down to 34/36 and they are a lot better but still feel hard. I'm thinking of going down even more to 32/34 for canyon carving to get better stick and then back up to 34/36 for commuting mileage.

My next tire I'm planning on getting when the PR2's wear out (12,000-14,000 miles supposedly) will be a Pilot Power 3. They just came out and are basically a little sportier version of the Pilot Road's. Better for hard straight line acceleration and stickier on the sides for better lean angle. ($310 for the set from Revzilla isn't bad)

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I got 7500 kms out of the stock Bridgestones, put on a set of Road Pilot 3's, have over 9,000 kms on them and not quite 50% worn, great tires.