Leathers

jonnyedwards1981

Hi guys

I'm in the market for a new set of leathers, two piece and thinking alpinestars at the moment

Can anyone recommend anything from personal experience?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 438

You can't beat dainese for quality and they have some really nice back protectors that you can put into their jackets.

H

Hoover

2 piece for sure. And go with a soft leather you are comfortable in that can accomodate extra armor.
I wear an old ratty pair of Dainese leathers that I repalce the armor every couple of years.

D

Deleted member 438

Just looked at the dainese avro and Laguna two piece suits on the website...look awesome

2 piece for sure. And go with a soft leather you are comfortable in that can accomodate extra armor.
I wear an old ratty pair of Dainese leathers that I repalce the armor every couple of years.

Dainese is definitely the softest leather I've ever felt even when brand new.

W

WARPTH

Dainese is definitely the softest leather I've ever felt even when brand new.

+1
from gloves to jackets they're awesome. and the dainese stuff generally lives to see another day if you do come off.

jonnyedwards1981

Found a dainese dealer fairly locally, they only sell dainese so are well placed to sort me out. Will go in for fitting etc for a 2 piece asap

C

Camo

I just got my Joe Rocket one piece yesterday, got it on sale and am well impressed for the short blast I wore it for yesterday. Aside from the crotch trying to cut me in half while standing off the bike(the downside of being tall) fit is phenomenal as is the craftsmanship.

I couldn't buy dianese as the euro fit is a tad too tight for my bigger than average manliness lol.

D

Deleted member 438

I just got my Joe Rocket one piece yesterday, got it on sale and am well impressed for the short blast I wore it for yesterday. Aside from the crotch trying to cut me in half while standing off the bike(the downside of being tall) fit is phenomenal as is the craftsmanship.

I couldn't buy dianese as the euro fit is a tad too tight for my bigger than average manliness lol.

You can see that I have a beer belly in my Dainese gear, it's definitely a slim cut. I keep saying that I'm going to get rid of the beer belly to look properly Euro in my gear.

H

Hoover

Being tall..so that's what they call it these days eh?

H

Hoover

You can see that I have a beer belly in my Dainese gear, it's definitely a slim cut. I keep saying that I'm going to get rid of the beer belly to look properly Euro in my gear.

Wife is Chi-town this week for work. I stayed home to make sure the sprog got up in time for school.
I'll pop down next week with your case of Cow and add to your snug fitting leathers. :sinister:

D

Deleted member 438

Wife is Chi-town this week for work. I stayed home to make sure the sprog got up in time for school.
I'll pop down next week with your case of Cow and add to your snug fitting leathers. :sinister:

Good thing that D-gear is soft, it stretches to fit my stomach.

W

WARPTH

Mine has moulded around the beer gut and now even when its on its hanger you can still see the bulge lol
Dainese mould to you thats how good they are ;)

C

Camo

A little bit off the topic but, what ya'll wearing under your leathers?
More for those wearing full suits....
Was thinking of ordering one of these MotoD under suits. half the price of an Astars and got good reviews on other forums?

D

Deleted member 438

A little bit off the topic but, what ya'll wearing under your leathers?
More for those wearing full suits....
Was thinking of ordering one of these MotoD under suits. half the price of an Astars and got good reviews on other forums?

My girl friend bought me one of those d under suits and it didn't work for me. You can wear any type of compression pants and shirts. I'm not sure if you guys have a brand called under armor that's really good, but I know Nike makes that stuff as well.

F

Fazed

My girl friend bought me one of those d under suits and it didn't work for me. You can wear any type of compression pants and shirts. I'm not sure if you guys have a brand called under armor that's really good, but I know Nike makes that stuff as well.

Skins are good as well.

D

Deleted member 438

Here's a link to an AU website that carries the stuff. It's funny that here it is armor, and armour for the rest that speak English.
Under Armour Australia | Under Armour Apparel | Buy Online

I ended using the the tights and long sleeve shirt I use under my clothes at work when it's cold out. It keeps you from chaffing and wicks sweat if your in a suit all day at the track.