Just saying hi

Bram

Hello everybody.

Just stopping by to say hello.

I hope to pick up my new blue FZ8N today.
This will be the longest day in my life, counting every second.

I upgraded my 04 FZ6N for a 2011 FZ8N (0 km)
Been riding the fz6 for 3 years now. (i was/am active on the FZ6 forum under the same name).

since i've been doing a lot of 2-up riding, I wanted something with more torque in the lower RPM, so I'm really really looking forward to the FZ8 :)

I'll post pictures as soon as I have the bike in my posession.

info about me:
I'm Bram Lammens (25yo)
Live in Belgium
Job: Quality assurance engineer at Barco
Been riding a bike for 3 years (20.000km)
I love cruising around town, and hitting some twisties.
Not so found of high speeds. (the bugs leave nasty stains :D)

When the engine is broken in, I'll start the modding.
first things on the wish list:
- crash protection
- aftermarket exhaust
- short plate holder

Looking forward to share experiences and adding value to this wonderful forum!!

FzFazn

Welcome to the forum. I have the oem factory engine guards, the cage ones. I think it looks nice and would offer some protection as well. Enjoy your new 8. :welcome:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike. I wouldn't wait until it was broken in to get crash protection. It can save you a huge headache!

Bram

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike. I wouldn't wait until it was broken in to get crash protection. It can save you a huge headache!

You're rigth about the crash protection.
I'll have to look into the different manufacturers. I don't want anything to big or visible.

JSP

Administrator
Hey buddy! Glad ya made it over :D. Sorry you had issues trying to sign up earlier.

You will love the bike!

:welcome:

Bram

Hey buddy! Glad ya made it over :D. Sorry you had issues trying to sign up earlier.

You will love the bike!

:welcome:

Hi JSP,

Thanks again for helping me out ;)

I love the looks of the bike allready, and I haven't even got him yet. (still waiting from the call from the dealer)

Bram

I picked up my bike yesterday. I could only ride for about 40km. (it was freezing cold) and today it's snowing again....:(

I cleaned and de-greased the bike, and removed the stickers. (which was a pain in the *insert random bodypart*)
Going to do a little write-up on how I got the stickers off.

I loved the little ride so far. Cant wait for the road to dry up and temp to go up :)

Ps. I ordered a carbon Akrapovic today. the stock exhaust is to quiet in my opinion.