Horn Button - Dumb Thread

MotoZen

Does anyone else find themselves hitting the horn button when using their turn signals? I do it all the time and it's really annoying.

I know that I need new gloves because the fingers are all just a tiny bit too short. I am wondering if it's because the thumbs curve my thumb just a bit.

DSmith

when i first got the bike, all the time. i went to shut off my turn signal at a gas station waiting in line for a pump to open and let out a nice long beep. everyone stared at me so i decided to visit another gas station that day

cxa0897

Did it a bunch of times when I first got it. Haven't done in a while, but it does still happen on the rare occasion.

F

fz8kansas

I never had a problem with it when I first got the bike but in the last couple of weeks I do it on almost every trip. I do use my signals for all lane changes and turns. I had someone slam on their brakes once in front of me to make a last moment turn, while in the cage. I swerved to avoid them and it turns out that a cop was two cars back. He said he never saw the other car and that I just changed lanes without signaling. It was not worth fighting over. But it was an $80 ticket plus court cost even though all I did was mail it in.
:(

MotoZen

Thanks for the replies, I don't feel like such an idiot anymore. It does happen less often than when I first got it.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Darksabre

I never had a problem with it when I first got the bike but in the last couple of weeks I do it on almost every trip. I do use my signals for all lane changes and turns. I had someone slam on their brakes once in front of me to make a last moment turn, while in the cage. I swerved to avoid them and it turns out that a cop was two cars back. He said he never saw the other car and that I just changed lanes without signaling. It was not worth fighting over. But it was an $80 ticket plus court cost even though all I did was mail it in.
:(

Yep, sounds about right for good ole Overland Park cops. Sorry man :(

Perron

It happens to me all the time during the first 2 months of riding with the 8. it barely happens now :)

You will get use to the bike