HELP!

Umyaya

So I have ordered a new oil pan and gasket. I stripped my bolt doing my oil (You can laugh) and decided not to helicoil it.... Does anyone know if there is enough clearance underneath the exhaust to put this on? or do I need to take off the exhaust? Also... it looks like it's a fairly easy fix.. is it just the 10-12 screws around?

Thanks and keep the rubber on the road,

Elliott

9 Lives

The manual says to remove the exhaust, I would try it without removing the exhaust. If there is not enough room you can always keep the pan in place with a couple of bolts when your removing the exhaust.

Umyaya

Just got inside from the garage. Had to take off the exhaust because there are a few hard to reach screws! Oh wells.. I remembered I had a full set of aftermarket headers to install anyways...
The manual says to remove the exhaust, I would try it without removing the exhaust. If there is not enough room you can always keep the pan in place with a couple of bolts when your removing the exhaust.

HeresMyMind

From Building car engines for years (high horsepower turbo'd / superchargered) ones, I've learned to grease EVERY bolt and always use my trusty trq wrench.

-B

HeresMyMind

lol .. u dont wanna know .. tap broke inside .. its still there ! ill remove the swingarm this winter and fix it ...

ouch! PB blaster, Torch, and a Hammer, a really really big hammer

-B

OdinSon

I would just remove the exhaust and make your life easier. It's very easy to remove the whole exhaust anyways.