Help! Syncing Throttle Bodies High Rev sync

cambo

Avid Rider
Hey folks, hoping someone can chime in asap, I've got bike opened up and I'm stuck!

I've done the idle sync just fine...but Thach mentioned a 4k sync which I definitely didn't do so I'm trying to get it done now.

Question is...how do you sync at 4k? Do you set the idle at 4k and sync from there? Probably a stupid question...but I'm a stupid guy so it's alright.

Thanks in advance!

JSP

Administrator
Nothing in the service manual says anything about 4k... I would just do it like it states, at normal engine idle... (1150-1250 r/min).

cambo

Avid Rider
Nothing in the service manual says anything about 4k... I would just do it like it states, at normal engine idle... (1150-1250 r/min).

awesome, thanks Jay! yeah I just downloaded the service manual and I couldn't find a 4k adjust anywhere either. good stuff, thanks for the reply!!

ssky0078

the Morgan Carbtune paperwork talks about doing the sync again at 4,000 RPM. Since most of your cruising is done at 4,000 RPM-5,000RPM it kind of makes sense.

The way I did it is I turned the throttle adjustment knob on the side of the bike up. I would turn it up, turn on the bike, turn it off with the fuel cutoff switch (red switch on the hand controls) when it started to get over 170, then turn the bike on until I had it dialed in at 4,000 RPM.

thach1130

Read step 10 of this tutorial Cambo. I think the gist of it is that you rev it to 4-5k and take note of which bar is higher or lower and then you let off your throttle and make the adjustment then rev it up again and check to make sure they are even. I think the 4-5k is important because that is where the handle bar vibrate the most so by smoothing that section it should help with the vibration.

Build your own Manometer for Throttle Body Sync! - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

socal

just dont dump off the throttle, roll it off when coming down or youll suck the fluid into the motor