Hello from Philly

Rotaryknight

Hello there fellow FZ8 enthusiasts!!!

It took months of being indecisive but I finally got a FZ8. Specifically a 2012 FZ8 with only 5 miles on it, but after a day of riding and going to work and back, it now has 90 miles on it.

I couldn't decide between the FZ6R or the FZ8 of the same year, and both were left over inventory. But I decided on the FZ8 because seeing it in person, the bike is damn nice. Then again, I have always loved the naked style.

I am just a casual rider. This would be my first true bike, but I have ridden many others in the past. The only thing that is a downside for the bike after riding it for a day is the wind. 70-80mph, the wind is not annoying, but faster than 80mph and it feels like I just been hit by a tornado lol.

The seat position is low compared to a R1, or a GsxR but I love it. The bike is just so damn comfortable compared to the R1 or R6. I will probably leave everything stock for now, dont want to change too much. Waiting for tank guard and Frame sliders to come in.

Some pictures I took
FZ8 2012 - Imgur

Shorted

:welcome:B
Great choice on the FZ8, I decided to switch from a ZX6 to an FZ8 a month and a half ago and now with 800 miles I could not be happier of making that decision. I know you will enjoy it too.

master paper clip

I wanted a cbr600 but I got the 8 instead and 10k later I'm still in move with this bike, everything unchange just makes it that much better, u won't regret it

DanS

Commuter
"I will probably leave everything stock for now, dont want to change too much"....lol...That's What we all said :D :welcome: to the forum!

Tango59

When I rode mine home I decided to leave it stock. My orders from Motorcycle Superstore, Amazon and ebay should be here in a few days.

Bajaedition

I am keeping my stock also
mt led sequential taillight should ship soon
as my fender eliminator
got a tank bra already
Looking at the givi windsheild
the Yamaha engine guard is on the list as is the Brakeaway Cruise control
using the tankbag and saddle bags from my last bike when I need them

got 513 miles on mine