Hello from Chicago!

Shorted

Hi everyone,
My name is Eduardo, I am 43 years old and I am from Bartlett, Illinois(about 45 min from Chicago).
I have been riding sport bikes pretty much most of my life.3 weeks ago I trade in my 2005 kawasaki 636 for a new 2012 FZ8. I must say I am extremely happy with the switch, being not that young anymore:(,I was having some back problems and stuff..I was looking for something with similar handling and speed as a sportbike but more comfortable, and this bike was just that! I have put more than 400 miles already.
Question, I was looking at a rear fender eliminator kit. Is the Yoshimura the one that I should buy? Not many options that I could find.
Ok, don't want to make this too long. Glad I found this forum.
Thanks!

Jacek3743

Welcome! I actually was in Bartlett today :)

If you're looking for a cheaper option, Ebay has a lot of different kinds for about $20

cambo

Avid Rider
:welcome:

Ah...Chicago...so many memories...The Good: Where I had some of the best pizza and played some of the best games of 'beach' vball. The Bad: Where I met my owner...I mean captor...I mean wife.

DanS

Commuter
Hi Eduardo :welcome: I have the yoshi fender eliminator and its great very sturdy fits perfectly and comes with a LED license plate light. But since I bought it I've discovered that it was completely unnecessary to spend that much on something so simple. I didn't know anything about fender eliminators at the time and wanted a quality brand that would fit my blinkers, shortly after I bought a motodynamic integrated tail light and now have two big holes on the sides where the blinkers used to go. Jacek3743 is right shop around on ebay or make your own.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Hey welcome aboard, I purchased a targa fender kit, it looked to be the smallest I could find look em up.

Shorted

Hi Eduardo :welcome: I have the yoshi fender eliminator and its great very sturdy fits perfectly and comes with a LED license plate light. But since I bought it I've discovered that it was completely unnecessary to spend that much on something so simple. I didn't know anything about fender eliminators at the time and wanted a quality brand that would fit my blinkers, shortly after I bought a motodynamic integrated tail light and now have two big holes on the sides where the blinkers used to go. Jacek3743 is right shop around on ebay or make your own.

Hey welcome aboard, I purchased a targa fender kit, it looked to be the smallest I could find look em up.

Thank you!! Yea, I was trying to avoid paying $100 for a fender eliminator. I will do more research.

bones92

DanS

I just bought the yoshi fender eliminator as well - was it an easy install and how long did it take? I'm not a handy mechanic, but I just want to make sure I don't f things up when I attach it.

BTW, new FZ8 owner here, also in the Chicago area (Des Plaines).

Bajaedition

I paid 29 bucks on Ebay for a fender eliminator that has a led light for the plate on it. no need for a 100 dollar plus unit, that and my Led Tailight with sequential blinkers built in cleaned up the bike real nice for what a Yosh Eliminator cost alone

DanS

Commuter
DanS

I just bought the yoshi fender eliminator as well - was it an easy install and how long did it take? I'm not a handy mechanic, but I just want to make sure I don't f things up when I attach it.

BTW, new FZ8 owner here, also in the Chicago area (Des Plaines).
Hi bones :welcome: to the forum! Yes it is a very easy install. About a 30min job. Not much to f up. The only wires you need to cut and splice are the license plate wires. If you need help pm me