hats in restaurant..

mavpsa

so how do u feel when u see someone wearing a hat in a restaurant? i went out to dinner the other day w/the wife and some some guys wearing baseball hats. made me just want to walk out. i was taught to take my hat off when eating. what changed?

Marthy

I don't wear a hat very often but when I do I remove mine at the table. Unless I eat outside... Then I keep it on. My hairs are short and try to protect my head from the sun as much as I can.

Mrpacis

I just think some people were not taught to hve good manners. Maybe they don't care or maybe they dont know better. Personally I take my hat off.

master paper clip

so how do u feel when u see someone wearing a hat in a restaurant? i went out to dinner the other day w/the wife and some some guys wearing baseball hats. made me just want to walk out. i was taught to take my hat off when eating. what changed?

That's because majority of parent don't care so there kids think they can do what ever they want and have no manners, really sad that common decency barley exists anymore. What happens to having morals and respect for your fellow people.

bighurt35

My wife and I are starting to eat at the table at least 3-4 times a week. My oldest girl is 2.5 and will learn manners,respect, and general communication skills! She will not own a phone until she is at least 12 years old. Texting teenagers are sooooo irritating!:D

lyric911

I don't wear hats. That said, I couldn't care less if somebody else does while eating. Other than having been taught that it is "wrong" - what's wrong with it?

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I never really thought about that one, I dont wear hats that much anymore and I suppose I have done that before. I wouldnt care if someone did.
What I cant stand is some kid kicking the opposite side of the booth or staring at us. and cell phones dont get me started! I guess it depends on what kind of restaurant.

lyric911

To elaborate a bit - most of the things we see as rude have a good reason for being perceived that way:

Belching and farting are gross.
Sneezing/coughing spreads germs.
Cutting in line inconveniences other.

And so on. I've never been able to understand the hat thing though.

cpatt

I don't wear hats. That said, I couldn't care less if somebody else does while eating. Other than having been taught that it is "wrong" - what's wrong with it?

ill ask the same question, what is wrong with it?

in school i wasn't allowed to wear a hat inside and that always pissed me off not sure why but it bothered me.

i wear a hat 95% of the time and i only take it off at the table is if im at my best friends house because im a guest and i no his father dosent like it. but in a resturaunt why does it matter?

compensation

Winter time is when i have a hat on. I take it off unless I forget it is on my head. Then you have to ask yourself this, would you rather it be on their head holding loose hair back or on the table? I would rather see someone with a hat on then someone loudly thanking their imaginary friend for the food they are about to eat. :2cents:

D

DJK1505

jesus lord, a thread about some dip wearing a hat inside. Shit I wish i lived around you, I would get the biggest 10 gallon hat and wear it inside just to annoy you. Whats the big deal? Was he standing over your table slobbering and talking in gibberish? If it bothers you, don't pay attention. See; people sticking their noses in other peoples business, now that's whats wrong with this thread. who cares if you think he has bad manners, you have horrible manners for talking crap behind the guys back. go over to the table and tell him how you feel, would of been a better solution than bitchin online my friend.

DJ

BIGpanda

jesus lord, a thread about some dip wearing a hat inside. Shit I wish i lived around you, I would get the biggest 10 gallon hat and wear it inside just to annoy you. Whats the big deal? Was he standing over your table slobbering and talking in gibberish? If it bothers you, don't pay attention. See; people sticking their noses in other peoples business, now that's whats wrong with this thread. who cares if you think he has bad manners, you have horrible manners for talking crap behind the guys back. go over to the table and tell him how you feel, would of been a better solution than bitchin online my friend.

DJ

dag.. ROGER THAT SARGE! I agree.

Danger

I understand that it is not "proper" to wear hats in restaurants, but it does seem like a rule that doesn't affect anyone else. At all. Ever.

I generally subscribe to being respectful of others and expect the same. If I think someone's pants are too low, shirt is ugly, whatever, I just keep it too myself. You can have a tutu and clown paint on, I'll just keep on enjoying the food, woman and whiskey at my own table. How's that? Everyone just worry about what's going on at their own table when it comes to questions of fashion.

jumb5150

DJ

I wouldn't mind so much if he was slobbering and talking gibberish just as long as he took off that goddamn hat!

C

Camo

I'm not a fan of wearing hats inside, out to dinner or anywhere bar outside activities.
I was brought up to show respect and remove my hat but I'm not really bothered by people's lack of common sense and respect.

Everyone's entitled to their ignorance I guess?

Wieb27

I really could care less about a hat in a restaurant. What bothers me more is people that leave their hats on during the National Anthem.

mavpsa

Winter time is when i have a hat on. I take it off unless I forget it is on my head. Then you have to ask yourself this, would you rather it be on their head holding loose hair back or on the table? I would rather see someone with a hat on then someone loudly thanking their imaginary friend for the food they are about to eat. :2cents:

:cheers:

mavpsa

DJ

y don't you bring the horses back into the stable and feed them for a little while fella.

It's not a matter of minding my own business, but if you couldn't tell, i did. Had i not, then i guess i would've said something to him. Or i would've meddled in the argument at the table to the right of us.

It's annoying simply b/c i believe its bad manners. I guess there's a time and place for everything and sometimes, the very little things have big impact in our society. For example, the policing theory behind community policing entails tackling the very little "quality of life issue", i.e, pissing in public, squeggey men, loitering etc, for the sake of setting standards within the community. the theory goes if you take care of the small issues, the big issues will start to disappear (hopefully).

And...i wasn't talking crap about this guy. i didn't say anything negative other than i thought it was rude that he was wearing a hat in a restaurant.