Harley guys - why are you so %@#$&

aj700

Any rider except harley guys show a 'hey' when you cross them. Why not Harley or other cruiser riders? I am not going sad/going to cry over that. But why why???? :confused:
Are they part of some kind of brotherhood which we are not? :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

b-eock

That's not true at all. I've gotten a lot of Harley riders to give "the wave" to me. Even the older hard ass no helmet guys. :p lol. Just depends I guess. Some think they are above a lot of other riders. Maybe they don't see you or won't initiate the wave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ssky0078

Could be timing too. The Harley riders reaction times are a lot slower than the sport bike guys so you need to start the wave as far away as possible.

aj700

:D
Timing??? I Guess not at least in many Long strech roads where, i waved and eventually looked like a fool, as they were kind of 'so serious', looking at me as if i was showing The Finger!!! :banghead:
But Good to know some feel the same.

Jacek3743

I feel like sport bikers are less likely to do it here, guess it's kind hard to let go of one hand and wave on that high horse of theirs

e11charlie

I initiate the wave far enough ahead. That way if I don't get a response I give the one finger SALUTE!!!

Benjobiker

Its so interesting. I used to ride two Harley's for mu first bikes (my dad talked me into it) but I eventually got fed up with the whole "cool" thing. They do give me free food and coke when I went into the dealership here but that was about the only perk. Truly not a bad bike, beautiful really but man they were all so "cool" it bugged, bad. View attachment 1934

JSP

Administrator
Guess it depends on where you are... I've had more sport bike riders not wave back than Harley/Cruiser guys.

cxa0897

no different than other riders over here with the wave.

it's the other stuff the harley guys do that gets me. One parked his cruiser right in the fire zone, 5 feet from the front door of the store I work at last night, despite the numerous parking spots available in the first row of the lot. I just dont get the "I'm so cool I can do anything with my fancy harley" mentality

alexk

Weekend Rider
In Austin, the bulk of the Harley riders wave.

The scooter riders (hipsters... and they're everywhere) don't wave because waiving is too mainstream. :D

cambo

Avid Rider
I think Harley riders think that we won't wave back, so they don't even attempt it.

haha, agree. Every harley rider I've come across has waved back, but it looked more like a knee-jerk reaction as if they weren't expecting me to wave at all.

I can see their harley club conversation later on that night, "did you see that fz8 guy? he waved at us. nobody ever waves to us. Those fz8 guys are alllrriiigghht."

ssky0078

Guess it depends on where you are... I've had more sport bike riders not wave back than Harley/Cruiser guys.

This is probably true. The sport bike community in AZ here is pretty strong. The HD riders are ok most of the time with the wave. A lot of times when I wave at them and the rider doesn't wave, but their old lady on the back does. That cracks me up.

Definitely there are some riders that you can tell are afraid to take a hand off the grip. I had one guy on a Ninja 250 who must've been a noob because he lifted his hand all shaky for a half second then dived back on to the bars like he was falling off a cliff. I think he was pushing on the bars so hard he initiated a little steer when his wave hand came up.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
In Austin, the bulk of the Harley riders wave.

The scooter riders (hipsters... and they're everywhere) don't wave because waiving is too mainstream. :D

See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.....

rug_burn

On my ride home through the local canyon every day most everybody waves, unless they're crankin' hard in a turn, and thus can't free up a hand. I think a lot of times it's harder for a sportbike driver to wave just because the posture is more with the weight on the hands. And even on cruiser bikes, newbies sometimes can't relax enough to get a hand free to wave; this may be the case with a lot of Harley riders.

compensation

Yeah, I went a few years without riding and when I bought the 8 there is a 50/50 shot for any biker waving back apposed to a 95% a few years ago. I also give them the salute if they are staring at me. This is dumb and reckless but I have got in the habit of passing them on the rear. Sometimes it pisses them off so they try to catch up and I ease off then when they get close I am gone. They probably think "damn jap bike!" While they have a made in china bandana wrapped around their head.