Gold Yamaha Tank Emblem

Woody146

Banned
Negative...had them custom made from signdezin.org or com or something..these ones of eBay will not color match your forks.

Umyaya

Negative...had them custom made from signdezin.org or com or something..these ones of eBay will not color match your forks.

Ah shitty. Oh well. I needed a new middle tank pad and black gas cover one. So the logo stickers just go over? Maybe these stickers will look somewhat close. I was gonna order some gold frame sliders and rear spools to replace mine but there seems to be so many diff gold colors... I might just stay with black.

Last edited:

Nemo

i dont know about the gold being exactly the same as the folk or not , but its going to be more gold than the grey stock one , thats for sure

Nemo

Also , the one i linked is the one yamaha sells , and its the one they use on the fz8 50th anniversary edition colors ... and its matching the folk good imo . google it , see the pictures

Bajaedition

Woody, those ones you had made, can they make any color, I want to ghost mine out. Am looking for a place to do that.

Woody146

Banned
The genuine yamaha ones ARE the ones they put on the 50th and r models..they just were not the correct shade of gold for ME. I opted for some custom ones in which he took that same mirrored gold you got..and overlapped it with a transparent yellow to achieve to color I wanted.

Baja- yes..any color you want..I suggest contacting them via email and telling them exactly what you want.

SignDezine vinyl decals, logos, signs and graphics

Umyaya

The genuine yamaha ones ARE the ones they put on the 50th and r models..they just were not the correct shade of gold for ME. I opted for some custom ones in which he took that same mirrored gold you got..and overlapped it with a transparent yellow to achieve to color I wanted.

Baja- yes..any color you want..I suggest contacting them via email and telling them exactly what you want.

SignDezine vinyl decals, logos, signs and graphics

so... do they go over the already placed Yamaha logo or do I need to take off the original silver logo.. lol

07cobaltLScoupe

yes you take off the original silver ones, i believe i ordered mine from srsigndesign.com but can't find them on the website. exactly what i wanted and cheap, maybe try to email them

Umyaya

yes you take off the original silver ones, i believe i ordered mine from srsigndesign.com but can't find them on the website. exactly what i wanted and cheap, maybe try to email them

Thanks! Should I take these off with a heat gun? Also is a heat gun the best method to take off the middle tank pad and then use goo gone to remove the residue before adding the new ones on?

07cobaltLScoupe

Thanks! Should I take these off with a heat gun? Also is a heat gun the best method to take off the middle tank pad and then use goo gone to remove the residue before adding the new ones on?

let the bike sit in the sun for a while and try to use fishing line in a sawing motion under the decals/tank pad to pull them off, then goo gone is probably your best bet

Keach

I used a hair dryer. My adhesive was terrible to get off and I resorted to using gasoline. Goo off wouldn't work for me. I washed right after getting them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk