Gilles rear sets

D

Deleted member 438

I picked up some Gilles rear sets for an FZ1 on eBay for $391 shipped, which is a great deal. These things are very well built and super high quality. Absolutely every piece on these things is adjustable, and another nice feature is that they keep the stock brake light switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vapordan

Do you feel anymore vibration coming through? The originals had thick rubber to soak up the vibes. These ones don't look thick at all.

H

Hoover

Nice sets.
How much further to the rear are your feet?
I'd love a set but do not want my feet to be too far back.

D

Deleted member 438

There was nothing special to do and we end up with a couple of extra pieces since there's something you are supposed to do with ex up valve for the fz1. There are no extra vibes coming through; they feel solid in a good way. They really can't get you in too extreme of a position I have them 1 up and one back, and the Max is 2 back and 2 up.

jumb5150

Doom, those rearsets are really nice. But 400 is to steep for me right now. I might just pick up the Danmoto sets since they are only $129. Agree they are not as quality looking and as sexy looking as yours. But 400 is a high price to pay. I love looking at the Gilles because they just look awesome!!!

H

Hoover

When you have them fitted, could you have someone take a side picture of you sitting on them with them in the furthest forward position. I need to see how far back it pushes your feet to see if I could use them comfortably.

Thanks bud.

D

Deleted member 438

The furthest forward position is same as stock. I could take a pic of them the way I have them configured right now which is only one bolt hole up and back. Also, I will measure the distance between holes.

D

Deleted member 438

When you have them fitted, could you have someone take a side picture of you sitting on them with them in the furthest forward position. I need to see how far back it pushes your feet to see if I could use them comfortably.

Thanks bud.

The holes are 1cm apart, so your options are stock position, 1cm back, 1 up and 1 back, 1 up 2 back, and 2 up 2 back. If you want a pic I can still take it.

FZER

Avid Rider
Very nice I like the heavy duty look of both the shifter and the brake lever. I'm not a big fan of the stock brake lever, it feels very flimsy and it moves right to left. I'm going to look into adjusting it some this weekend too, because sometimes in mid corner I'll use it to scrub a little speed off, but and this might just be me, it seems you have to put a good bit of input into the peddle before anything happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

Very nice I like the heavy duty look of both the shifter and the brake lever. I'm not a big fan of the stock brake lever, it feels very flimsy and it moves right to left. I'm going to look into adjusting it some this weekend too, because sometimes in mid corner I'll use it to scrub a little speed off, but and this might just be me, it seems you have to put a good bit of input into the peddle before anything happens.

The rear brake is very light now since there is no return spring. These things are heavy duty; there's no slop anywhere.

H

Hoover

The holes are 1cm apart, so your options are stock position, 1cm back, 1 up and 1 back, 1 up 2 back, and 2 up 2 back. If you want a pic I can still take it.

No need bud, you answered my question thanks. I will be orderering a set once I'm back on my feet.