"FZ8 Will Continue It's Career alongside FZ 09"

decooney

Article:
Yamaha FZ8 will continue its career at the sides of the MT-09 | Bikes Doctor

Maybe the FZ8 is not being replaced by the FZ 09 or discontinued after all?

True or False - My local dealer in northern California indicated today the FZ8 will continue and be distributed in to the USA along with the newer and less expensive FZ 09 in the US. They indicated Yamaha is merely offering more options, by adding bikes like the FZ 09 along side their other great bikes in 2013, and for 2014.

If anyone confirms anything else, please feel free to agree or disagree here!

Marthy

I was driving the cage with my wife. We were catching up to a bike... I was like, nice ride, what is this? By the time I was next to him... nice FZ8!

I don't care what some people think... this is a sexy ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

decooney

...I don't care what some people think... this is a sexy ride!

Exactly. And, the same reason I was a bit surprised when people were already saying the FZ 09 was replacing the FZ8, the 8 is really a nice looking motorcycle; just could not figure out how Yamaha would stop making it. We'll see. Just saw another new 2013 arrive at my local Yamaha dealer today. Wondering if there will be any changes on the 2014 FZ8 model at all. Have fun. I enjoy my FZ8 a lot.

decooney

When I first saw a FZ8, at first glance I thought I was looking at some new version of a modern italian exotic MV Agusta Brutale street fighter. If you really want to mess with people, cover up the emblems on the tank for an extra long stare.

medivh66

Pillion
I hope it will continue to live on. I get compliments on it all the time. I have even had two different Harley owners ask me if it was some sort of a Buell. Not sure if that is a compliment.

Bajaedition

I hope it will continue to live on. I get compliments on it all the time. I have even had two different Harley owners ask me if it was some sort of a Buell. Not sure if that is a compliment.
I think it was a compliment as Buell does push style boundaries for the Harley crowd.
I was running today with a couple of friends who ride Harleys, we did around 300 miles all over the North San Diego back road area just having a blast in the twisties, They both have owned Sports bikes and push those cruisers real hard, One thing they were impressed with the FZ8 about was the upright seating and after we had about 10 hours in the saddle they were really impressed I was not complaining about the ergonomics of the FZ8.
I think more guys are looking at the naked bike segment than we think.

master paper clip

Yea I was getting mobbed yesterday on my ride every time we stopped the question came flooding in... Had a few think it was a Ducati.... Even a guy on a Ducati thought that, bike is a beast and has te looks to match. Yamaha better keep it

decooney

I think more guys are looking at the naked bike segment than we think.

Agree 100%. Rode with a split Harley Cruiser / upright Streetfighter group last week, about 200 miles on some rougher backgroads in NorCal. We all use to ride together in our younger years on sport bikes, then Harleys, and half of the group is back to upright streetfighters now.

As we got further along in the day, all of us with FZ8s and FZ1s kept getting questions about the bikes. Yesterday, one of the riders with a Harley Fat Boy picked up an FZ8. I don't miss my lowered Fat Boy Harley, and the FZ8 is much better with my lower back! I think many people who have jobs sitting for too many hours in the day will be looking at more upright motorcycles. Leaning way forward on sport bikes or leaning way back stretched out with my arms and feet forward is not a fun sitting position to me any more. The FZ8 is just right for my lower back, which makes it MUCH more enjoyable to ride!

Last edited:

Hellgate

Yea I was getting mobbed yesterday on my ride every time we stopped the question came flooding in... Had a few think it was a Ducati.... Even a guy on a Ducati thought that, bike is a beast and has te looks to match. Yamaha better keep it

One of the guys on the FZ1 site removed the tuning fork roundes and put on BMW ones. Even the "sophisticated" Beemer riders were fooled. It is a nice looking bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

JSP

Administrator
From what I read, it is replacing the FZ8 in the US... The 8 will still live in other countries with the MT-09. But no clue what they are truly going to do. Maybe they might live together for a year or so, but we have seen how that works. One usually goes bye bye pretty quick. It is hard to have such close bikes side by side financial wise.

xXAvroArrowXx

The 8 lives in Canada! I can stop (for now) wondering about future spare parts acquisition. 😁

- Avro

2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)