FZ8 Insurance Going Up

Called Rider's Insurance just now to get a quote for my bike I am picking up this Saturday. Got a quote and hung up. A few minutes later she called back and told me the FZ8 is going to be reclassified soon as a sport bike and that the premium will probably double or more when I renew. I'm not happy.

jassilamba

That is very interesting, I'm through Geico, and paying 560 a year, I picked up my machine last Wednesday, and paid my policy in full.

I was quoted $375 for the year. When she called back I asked her to put a sport bike in and see the price. She entered a Suzuki 750 (not sure of the exact model). It came to $745.

A_G

Quit your whining

Mines 130 a month, gieco quoted me 550 a month

I wish I had yalls rates.

Liability is 700 a year cheapest I could get

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Umyaya

Quit your whining

Do you have a DUI or something? 700 a year for liability seems unreal! Yeah I thought since it didn't have a fairing it would not be a "sportbike" oh wells.

A_G

It's considered a sport standard, no duis. One speeding ticket from two years ago. I have a cdl and a m endorsement. I'm 24 that's the issue

jassilamba

24 is an issue wait till you are 25. Also go take the MSF course that will save you a decent chunk. My quote went from 750 to 560 by taking a $160 course. I know I learned a few things from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Umyaya

24 is an issue wait till you are 25. Also go take the MSF course that will save you a decent chunk. My quote went from 750 to 560 by taking a $160 course. I know I learned a few things from it.

Ya . Once I hit 25 I am going to switch to either a different insurance since I won't be able to update my policy since it ends right before my bday :( I was surprised by the fz8 and how expensive it is.... it is more than my CBR !

Nemo

i agree .. im 30 thats probly why

jassilamba

Ya . Once I hit 25 I am going to switch to either a different insurance since I won't be able to update my policy since it ends right before my bday :( I was surprised by the fz8 and how expensive it is.... it is more than my CBR !
You can change your policy anytime you want. If you find a cheaper quote just call your company and tell them you are switching and they will mail you the check back for what is left.

A_G

You can change your policy anytime you want. If you find a cheaper quote just call your company and tell them you are switching and they will mail you the check back for what is left.

this progressive, which I've used since I was 16 changed it from 90 a month to 227 in a week. I switched to allstate

b-eock

None of you should complain. Haha. I paid a little over $3K a year for full coverage, and got quoted around $1.3K for liability. Progressive was the only one that would insure me. No tickets, 17 Years old then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A_G

None of you should complain. Haha. I paid a little over $3K a year for full coverage, and got quoted around $1.3K for liability. Progressive was the only one that would insure me. No tickets, 17 Years old then.

my friend pays that for a r1

b-eock

I got quoted $7.5K a year for a new R1 with full coverage.

bpassmore8

Me too. I pay $1,900/year for my second year riding. First year was almost $3,000. I am in California with no tickets or accidents on my record
Quit your whining

A_G

Me too. I pay $1,900/year for my second year riding. First year was almost $3,000. I am in California with no tickets or accidents on my record
it's still cheaper than putting gas in my truck all summer.

I've had it a month and I'm 3 months ahead on payments