FZ8 healight conversion?? FZ09??

Sledneck

I dont know about you guys but im not too fond of the look of the headlight unit. The way it looks from the front is good but the sides makes the bike look ugly personally. I also dont like the Halo units either. Any suggestions? Opinions?

I like the look a lot of the FZ09 headlight. Has anyone done this conversion?

HeresMyMind

I have built headlights for both bikes, you wont be able to put an fz09 headlight on your bike with out a TON of modification. Just do a projector retrofit without a Halo.

-B

Sledneck

I have built headlights for both bikes, you wont be able to put an fz09 headlight on your bike with out a TON of modification. Just do a projector retrofit without a Halo.

-B

I havent looked a ton into it but making brackets out of billet aluminum to configure it shouldnt be too hard

JSP

Administrator
whats it like compared to the fz8? I was gonna buy one but they sold out so i bought a new old stock 2013 fz8.

Little more power/torque. (likes to wheelie with just some extra twist of the wrist!).

Feels a little smaller body wise, and of course a bit lighter.

3 cylinder motor is a beaut. But the 8 motor was good too, never a problem with it.

Otherwise they feel fairly similar in body position and such. Both great bikes.

Keach

How hard would you say the removal was? Want to dip mine but need to find the time to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not hard at all. A little time consuming but pretty easy and straight forward. Baking the headlight to loosen the glue was nerve racking, but worked perfect.

Removing the actual headlight takes about 5 minutes.

b00g89

Not hard at all. A little time consuming but pretty easy and straight forward. Baking the headlight to loosen the glue was nerve racking, but worked perfect.

Removing the actual headlight takes about 5 minutes.

You said you had to bake it? I'm assuming using the oven but how?

Keach

You said you had to bake it? I'm assuming using the oven but how?

Well in short remove your headlight from bike. Remove the bulb from the headlight so it is just the headlight case assembly. Preheat oven to 275. Take a towel and dampen with cold water. Place the folded damp (not soaked) towel onto a cooking sheet. Place headlight face down and bake for about 7 minutes. This will loosen/ soften the glue sealing the headlight together. Take it out and carefully pry open the headlight. If it doesn't come apart bake for about 4 more minutes. Then undo the screws on the back of the headlight to take out the shroud (part you want to paint) that goes around the reflector. Paint it with plasti dip (plenty of light layers) and allow plenty of time to completely dry. Re install the shroud. Then you bake the halves again for 7 min (clear half face down, reflector half face up) to soften glue and re seal it. U can use RTv sealer if u need more adhesive but for me and many others the old left over glue works fine. Fit the pieces back together and use painters tape to hold the two pieces tightly together until the glue dries.