Engine upgrade

master paper clip

Plus the only things I'll be paying someone to do would Be to machine a bracket to Mount the engine if I have to, other then that my hands will do all the work

W

WARPTH

All im going to say is, if i had the money i wouldnt be on this forum. Id have a ducati streetfighter 1098s, in saying that. Modding is in my nature. I bought the fz8 because it was UNDER my price range and saw great value for money in it. Yes ive had ideas of getting a fz1 motor for it or rebuild mine with fz1 internals and worked head. Also i find the suspension ample, down the track who knows, money might be a bit better and might put some ohlins on it, which probaby wouldve happenned if i hadve bought a fz1 as well. But in saying that, that would be down the track. We are all individuals And we all like different things thats what makes us who we are. So if you want to put a big bang motor in it, thats awesome and i love the idea, i dont think anyone has the right to hang shit on you for that. Hell, yamaha should be reading this thread andr
Realise there is a market for a naked r1 with proper bars rather than clip ons and put theducati streetfighter the shame. My:2cents:

master paper clip

All im going to say is, if i had the money i wouldnt be on this forum. Id have a ducati streetfighter 1098s, in saying that. Modding is in my nature. I bought the fz8 because it was UNDER my price range and saw great value for money in it. Yes ive had ideas of getting a fz1 motor for it or rebuild mine with fz1 internals and worked head. Also i find the suspension ample, down the track who knows, money might be a bit better and might put some ohlins on it, which probaby wouldve happenned if i hadve bought a fz1 as well. But in saying that, that would be down the track. We are all individuals And we all like different things thats what makes us who we are. So if you want to put a big bang motor in it, thats awesome and i love the idea, i dont think anyone has the right to hang shit on you for that. Hell, yamaha should be reading this thread andr
Realise there is a market for a naked r1 with proper bars rather than clip ons and put theducati streetfighter the shame. My:2cents:

I to would love to get a ducati street fighter but I don't think I could afford the maintenance on that thing

H

Hoover

The only Duc I like enough to buy is the Diavel

Have you seen on in the flesh? I saw one at the Chicago Bike Show. From some angles it is drop dead gorgeous, from others, its a bit like seeing your fat mother in law getting out of the shower....backwards.

S

Shock

Ouch that's a painful image. I have only seen pics and vids. The reviewers say it is the most polished Duc ever. Finally living up to the price tag

D

DJK1505

i have been talking to a local guy who is heavy into motorcycle engine modifications he was telling me that he came across a build for the fz8 and it will give it as much hp as an fz1 he said he would forward the parts list to me when he finds it again ... he was saying from what he could remember it was a new cam and a different sprocket and a few other mods when i hear back from him i will definitely post it

Would love to see this build list. I am almost at 21K and need to do my valve adjustment. If you have specs on cam please let me know. I will source a cam and do some head work and report back. Get that build sheet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!