Eightless...

K-Gr.

So, the decision was made and there is no turning back now. My Eight has a new owner now. Same town, different garage. I made my mind to jump on a little red psycho - a monster 1100. Always wanted a duc.

But I promise to visit here form time to time!

JSP

Administrator
So, the decision was made and there is no turning back now. My Eight has a new owner now. Same town, different garage. I made my mind to jump on a little red psycho - a monster 1100. Always wanted a duc.

But I promise to visit here form time to time!

Hope you are happy ;) That is what matters most.

Oh and...

:needpics:

D

DJK1505

Those 1100's are pretty nice. Just doesnt make sense to me to pay so much for a bike that has such expensive maintenance schedules. Whats your valve adjustment on that? It took me forever to learn my buddies ST4 so I could do the valve adj for him, saved him 1300 a year in just maintenance.

Congrats on the new bike man. Study study study that valve system, do your own adjustments. Wont kill you in maintenance!!!!

PICS!!!!

DJ

K-Gr.

Guys, I will show you pics as soon as I.. buy the bike :D
Sadly the process of looking for a used ducati in a good condition is not so easy and quick :/ Last time I gave up after 4 months and started searching for a Jap bike - that is how I bought the 8 :)
So be patient please :)

K-Gr.

isn't the timing belt interval 6k on those things?

Nope, tension is checked at every service (12k km), and belts are swapped every 24k km or two years. I am aware it will be more expensive to keep running then yamaha, but have a go on one... you will understand why people buy them (you don't have to agree, but you will understand :)). 8 is damn easy to ride and in almost every reasonable way a better bike. But the way Ducatis involve you in riding is something extraordinary.

As said, hopefully i will find a well kept M1100 this season...

K-Gr.

Its here! :D
The red devil is finally in my garage. Yesterday I rode home 150 km in a heavy rain, so the bike needs some serious cleaning before taking photos. Stay tuned :)

PS. Damn, I missed a V2 in a bike...

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Its here! :D
The red devil is finally in my garage. Yesterday I rode home 150 km in a heavy rain, so the bike needs some serious cleaning before taking photos. Stay tuned :)

PS. Damn, I missed a V2 in a bike...

Congrats on the new bike!:tup:

K-Gr.

Bone stock M1100 in its full glory :)

RnR

Those 1100's are pretty nice. Just doesnt make sense to me to pay so much for a bike that has such expensive maintenance schedules. Whats your valve adjustment on that? It took me forever to learn my buddies ST4 so I could do the valve adj for him, saved him 1300 a year in just maintenance.
DJ

How'd you like doing the ST4s? I couldn't believe I had to take off the fairing, seat, tank, and other stuff to get the battery out. Who puts a battery in front of the brake lever anyway? I used the little tool to check belt tension - some go by feel. It was first service never did do the valve clearance.

I think the air cooled Monster would be much simpler to do as everything seems easier to get at. Also the 12000km interval makes it not too bad I think.

BTW, sweet bike :tup: