Drinking and Riding

C

Camo

I'm sorry, was I supposed to say how cool I thought you were?

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
i've had drinks and jumped on the bike. not drunk, but sometimes slightly tipsy. i know its stupid but i ride to work everyday so these happy hour sessions really suck!

Didn't you say you were former federal LEO?

H

Hoover

i didn't say i got twisted, just nice. but i see your point. you've never had a a couple of beers then jumped on the bike?

Were you legal or over the limit?
What does "just nice" entail?

I wish I could post some of the hundreds of photos I have of bikes and bodies that I saw over my career. They all were "just nice" I'm sure.

:rant: :hbwall: :rant: :hbwall:

mavpsa

Were you legal or over the limit?
What does "just nice" entail?

I wish I could post some of the hundreds of photos I have of bikes and bodies that I saw over my career. They all were "just nice" I'm sure.

:rant: :hbwall: :rant: :hbwall:

you know...feeling a little happy, a slight buzz. still legal i think and definitely never over the limit. i never do that.

i know, ur right. :surrender:

V

Vapordan

Just nice = feeling sweet. Not tipsy but it's not far away.

RoadKill

I have it easy, i don't care for drinking so i never have to deal with it.
last time i had a drink was about 8 years ago i had 1 guinness.
And maybe another one a few years before that beer.

H

Hoover

Just to throw an educated and HONEST curve ball in here.
I drink, and I drink a lot, mainly liquor. I drink because I do and that's my business.
I live within a mile of my local and my wife and I walk there at least 3 times a week. When not there, we enjoy a few at home.
As I drink a lot, my tolerance is very high and therefore, it takes a bit for me to feel "just nice".
Because of this, it would be very easy for me to get on bike after several cocktails. Doesn't mean I'm legal. The legal limit is the same for me as it is for the guy that gets whammed on 2 Miller Lites, it just means I can handle it better.
Don't do it guys, it's not worth it.

JSP

Administrator
Wow.... ANY alcohol lowers your reaction time. Stay the heck off of a motorcycle if you are drinking at all. Going to kill yourself or someone else. Just because you may be under the legal limit does NOT mean you are not impaired, even if you think you are fine. There is no room for error on a motorcycle.

Last edited:

Mrpacis

I have it easy, i don't care for drinking so i never have to deal with it.
last time i had a drink was about 8 years ago i had 1 guinness.
And maybe another one a few years before that beer.

You're not a real man unless you drink. I jk :)

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I never drive after drinking even one beer. Even if I feel completely sober. You've all seen how the Po-po react when they suspect you've had a drink. Don't expect any mercy, not that you would deserve any. I don't want to come across as a dick, but too many people (especially kids) are maimed or killed every year by dui drivers. Don't do it, please.

White Rider

I've only ridden once after a drink (can of beer).
I was on a touring holiday and went down to get choc biscuits from the supermarket.
I must have been under the limit but no, riding and alcohol don't mix even after 1 beer.
Couldn't believe I had been so stupid. Too much risk especially on a bike.

Mrpacis

I've only ridden once after a drink (can of beer).
I was on a touring holiday and went down to get choc biscuits from the supermarket.
I must have been under the limit but no, riding and alcohol don't mix even after 1 beer.
Couldn't believe I had been so stupid. Too much risk especially on a bike.

You can't really compare yourself to other people there are some factors that contribute to this. Weight, tolerance , how long ago you drank alcohol. Bottom line is alcohol does affect you negatively . You just need to be responsible. Know your limit. And if you know you cant ride while intoxicated then don't. If you're gonna drink then ride. Be smart and wait awhile till the alcohol is out of your system or till you know you can ride safely.

C

Camo

You can't really compare yourself to other people there are some factors that contribute to this. Weight, tolerance , how long ago you drank alcohol. Bottom line is alcohol does affect you negatively . You just need to be responsible. Know your limit. And if you know you cant ride while intoxicated then don't. If you're gonna drink then ride. Be smart and wait awhile till the alcohol is out of your system or till you know you can ride safely.
Let me help you fix that post,
If you're gonna drink, be smart and don't ride. You can't ride at 100% with booze in your system.
Be responsible, know that drinking and motor vehicles of any description makes for a deadly recipe...if not today, eventually your luck will run out.

Fixed ;)

Mrpacis

Let me help you fix that post,
If you're gonna drink, be smart and don't ride. You can't ride at 100% with booze in your system.
Be responsible, know that drinking and motor vehicles of any description makes for a deadly recipe...if not today, eventually your luck will run out.

Fixed ;)
I disagree. If you are gonna drink and get drunk and ride your bike of course don't ride. But if you're just gonna grab a beer or two and then wait a couple of hours until you know you will be able to safely operate a motorcycle then You'll be fine.