doing a headlight retrofit to my 2012

tony412k

Anyone done an amber halo... how does it look with the single headlight...I'm going with a simple shroud...the iris to be exact... post pics if you have some... also is 5k a good light temp to go with?

leem00

Anyone done an amber halo... how does it look with the single headlight...I'm going with a simple shroud...the iris to be exact... post pics if you have some... also is 5k a good light temp to go with?

You should really talk to this guy and look at his website (link 3) I think has an image that your looking for on the front page....

Affordable HID Projector Retrofitting Service

https://www.facebook.com/AffordableHIDRetrofitting

Affordable HID Retrofitting - Home

I am pretty sure he is on here too... mine headlight (I am an fz6r owner) is going out to him this week.

MotoZen

You should really talk to this guy and look at his website (link 3) I think has an image that your looking for on the front page....

Affordable HID Projector Retrofitting Service

https://www.facebook.com/AffordableHIDRetrofitting

Affordable HID Retrofitting - Home

I am pretty sure he is on here too... mine headlight (I am an fz6r owner) is going out to him this week.

He's doing my headlight now. He is very helpful and can really help you make the right decisions according to what you want.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

leem00

He's doing my headlight now. He is very helpful and can really help you make the right decisions according to what you want.

He is real big on the fz6r forum and I met him last summer on my way to a wedding in Massachusetts...

We all had dinner together; real nice down to earth guy.

JSP

Administrator
Chad is a great guy! Don't hesitate to do business with him. ;) He does awesome work.

Woody146

Banned
And 5k is an excellent color..I think it's the truest white...(rabbitman109 is the guy who does the retrofits)

Marthy

Yes in deed he does great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

tony412k

So I received my kit from the retrofit source.. I got my 90mm led halo installed to the shroud..now I'm going remove my headlight today... any tips on where to Mount the ballast..?

Also the wiring harness confuses me.. one of the plugs yellow goes to the ballast..I know that much but not sure if the other is for my halo? I believe its an orange plug.

JDZIII

Ballast Mount

Mounted mine on the side of the frame under the front fairing, in front right of the fuel tank. Some guys put it I on top of the ecu where the air intake is but I didn't feel comfortable cause it blocked too much of the intake. The rest of the wiring is in the intake in a laso and zip tied up with the inverter box there no problem. Got mine fom bkmoto.com. hope it helps. Any questions, shoot me a pm.

I'd post pics but I didn't take any on the install.

Last edited:

tony412k

cool thank for the info...i got all the wiring finally figured out but what about wiring a halo..do i wire it straight to the battery?

DanS

Commuter
cool thank for the info...i got all the wiring finally figured out but what about wiring a halo..do i wire it straight to the battery?
It's been several months since I've done mine, if I remember correctly I tapped into the running light wiring behind the headlight housing. The halo lights up with the front running lights.

Woody146

Banned
So I received my kit from the retrofit source.. I got my 90mm led halo installed to the shroud..now I'm going remove my headlight today... any tips on where to Mount the ballast..?

Also the wiring harness confuses me.. one of the plugs yellow goes to the ballast..I know that much but not sure if the other is for my halo? I believe its an orange plug.

Mine is inside the headlight unit

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Wow, sorry that I missed this thread. Been super busy lately. I could have gotten the kit for you at a discount, sorry about that. Glad that you are getting it worked out. Which shroud did you go with?

As far as the halo, I always suggest wiring into the turn signals, since they are a switched 12V source. You could always add a switch to it so that you could turn it on and off at will.

MotoZen

I wired a relay off of my battery for a cell phone charger and will probably feed my halos directly from the same relay when I install. This way I'm not drawing from the existing loads and they will still switch off with the bike.

tony412k

Wow, sorry that I missed this thread. Been super busy lately. I could have gotten the kit for you at a discount, sorry about that. Glad that you are getting it worked out. Which shroud did you go with?

As far as the halo, I always suggest wiring into the turn signals, since they are a switched 12V source. You could always add a switch to it so that you could turn it on and off at will.

I got the e55r...i think only thing is right now im having trouble gluing the headlight housing back together... it seems like its hitting somewhere... I had to stop to go to work...but I'm.about to give it another go..