CRG Bar end mirrors the lazy way

tiki

I installed my bar end mirrors without modifying the default placement of grips/throttle, and still kept the the stock bar weights too. I'll show some pictures of the setup.
First, remove the stock mirrors, they use a 17mm lock nut ( just loosen it ) and you can unscrew the mirrors. Keep in mind the right mirror loosens clockwise (its 's threaded reverse of normal)
Second I removed the stock bar end weights using a metric hex 5 socket I got from Lowe's. Then take the bar end adapters from CRG, remove their bolt and other hardware, the cut off the triangular tip of the black aluminum part. (I basically just cut right behind the cone and it worked out perfectly) I then took a 2 and 1/2 inch long black Hex socket cap bolt I got at Ace Hardware (dont remember the size, just take the stock one with with you, thread it into their metric measuring device, and it will give you the size). With the black mounting adapter cut down and the longer bolt, you can just put the hex bolt through the adapter and the weight into the stock bar.

IMGUR album (More/better pictures)
http://imgur.com/a/yBHH5

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
Nice.

The Ebay cheapies that I had came apart so no need to dremel anything. Just get the longer bolt and then you can mount it right between your stock bar end and grip. No modding anything.

Just take out the expanding collar thing out and all you need is the round mounting point.

tiki

that is probably the much cheaper and quicker way to do it! Oh well I just spent the money on the CRG's....... and the adapters.......crap.

lyric911

that is probably the much cheaper and quicker way to do it! Oh well I just spent the money on the CRG's....... and the adapters.......crap.

The finish on the CRGs will almost certainly hold up, though. My ebay cheapies look like shit. Like 30% of the black is gone in about 8,000 miles.

F3NIX

Yeah i just went through all of this myself. It only takes about 20 mins each to drill out the factory inserts and do it the right way. Just drill out the rubber around the insert and use a dremel to clean it up before installing the crg adapter. Pretty simple.

You cant substitute for CRG quality.

Last edited:

Geanmage13

Dude F3nix, i have the best and cheapest mod for you.. :) take off those blue stickers!!! your bike looks good and it will look even better without them..

F3NIX

Lol. Please keep in mind that I have only had the bike for 2.5 weeks. I guess its time :)

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2