Coolant Flush

pigdog

every 2 years. there is a drain plug on one of the steel coolant lines. use a 6 sided hex wrench to loosen . be careful when removing or you'll break the head off.

DSmith

Im about to change my coolant also. Is there anything else you have to do after removing that plug. Run water through the system, ect? Does the reservior drain also with the rest of the system?

DSmith

Found the play by play in the service manual for anyone wondering.

-Remove Driver Seat
-Remove Coolant Res. Cap
-Remove Res. Tank
-Remove Res. Hose
-Empty Res.

-Remove Radiator Cap
-Remove Drain Bolt (on hose under bike)

-Put Your Res. Back In and Reconnect Hose
-Fill Radiator (2.64qt) Reservoir (.26qt)
-Run Engine, Check Levels

Doesnt say anything about flushing with water in the service manual. So.. I guess I wont

Darren

Anything on the status of the radiator cap? Should i let it gurgle and overflow that that in the video?

I do leave the cap off when I run my engine to burp all the air bubbles out. Then I top off and put cap back on with minimal spillage.

Kliph

I do leave the cap off when I run my engine to burp all the air bubbles out. Then I top off and put cap back on with minimal spillage.

Might I assume that you do NOT fill the coolant to the brim before "burping"??

I would assume this would cut down on spillage.

Thx.....................Kliph

Darren

Will this take 2 engine ice containers or one ?

One should be enough and if not, just add a little water to top it off. I use water wetter for my bikes here in California without worrying about freezing and it's what they recommend for trackdays. :D