Cambo Down!

cambo

Avid Rider
You know, it's funny- the self recriminations are the worst part,
but they seem to be the part where you learn what to avoid, as I've learned after breaking my right arm 4 times.... and numerous other things over the years.

The cop's claim you were at fault sounds like pure BS. Did he witness the accident? It sounds like it was an unsafe lane change on the part of the car. Didn't properly check the lane before changing.

Glad to see you're okay, and making the best of it.

And BTW, thanks, the Teknic jacket fits perfect-

damn man! shit this broken pinky bone is a pain in the ass...I can only imagine a broken arm.

yeah, complete bs...I submitted my version of the story to insurance but I'm banking on it not being worth a damn compared to a big bad police report...so I'll be at fault for this and have to eat the higher insurance rates. oh well. But when I get back on the bike, I'm definitely rigging up a camera.

glad the jacket fits!!

thach1130

damn man! shit this broken pinky bone is a pain in the ass...I can only imagine a broken arm.

yeah, complete bs...I submitted my version of the story to insurance but I'm banking on it not being worth a damn compared to a big bad police report...so I'll be at fault for this and have to eat the higher insurance rates. oh well. But when I get back on the bike, I'm definitely rigging up a camera.

glad the jacket fits!!

Actually, depending on whether there are bruises or not, a broken arm might not hurt at all. I broke both my radius and ulna bone when i was younger right in the middle of the forearm area and getting up from the fall i didn't even realize my arm was broken. I tried to support myself to get up and realized my arm was having a little give to it. Looking at it i realize my forearm/hand was in a Z shape.

Kardiac996

Just seeing this, I work to much...

Sorry to see this happen bro and im glad your ok.

Hopefully you bounce back soon!!

Dicko

totally unrelated...but g'damn this is a hawt streetfighter!

MV Agusta | eBay

That was my second choice in bike. I didn't get it because running & maintenance was just too expensive to justify. I like my FZ1 better now anyway. but having said that, I may still get a Brutale down the line.

mckshred

Cambo, really sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are going to be well soon. I will try to gain some wisdom from it and be more aware of my immediate area (i.e. especially the knuckleheads in cages). I've got plenty of oem fz8 stuff, whatever you need is yours.

cambo

Avid Rider
Cambo, really sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are going to be well soon. I will try to gain some wisdom from it and be more aware of my immediate area (i.e. especially the knuckleheads in cages). I've got plenty of oem fz8 stuff, whatever you need is yours.

thanks brotha! I really appreciate that offer. I'm still waiting to hear back from the adjuster. After seeing Marthy's fz09 though...damn Im torn between what I want next!! I kinda hope they total my 8!!

cambo

Avid Rider
Any info yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 2

funny you ask man, I JUST got a call today.

Estimated repair cost? $7106

Way way higher than I expected. So I'm assuming they'll total the bike now.

On that note hey check it out, I chopped my vstar exhaust today.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
funny you ask man, I JUST got a call today.

Estimated repair cost? $7106

Way way higher than I expected. So I'm assuming they'll total the bike now.

On that note hey check it out, I chopped my vstar exhaust today.

Can't wait to see how much they want to give you for it. My advice is to negotiate hard. Find the highest values you can, and don't let them get away with low-balling you.

dart1963

Super Moderator
ah man, just saw this... sorry to hear.. take the money and run (to your nearest Yami dealer for a new ride!)

This is why a lot of the guys on the 6R site have the gopro running in the continuous mode, or for older ones, simply erase it at the end of the trip... camera don't lie, and I have seen the same thing before, car all the way over and gets spooked and yanks it back over without even a hint of checking for upcoming traffic...

Heal up

cambo

Avid Rider
Can't wait to see how much they want to give you for it. My advice is to negotiate hard. Find the highest values you can, and don't let them get away with low-balling you.

hey motorick...Im new to this process...

I was assuming they'd total the bike, write off what I owed (because I have gap insurance)...and just call it even.

Is this a wrong assumption? Advice greatly appreciated!

cambo

Avid Rider
ah man, just saw this... sorry to hear.. take the money and run (to your nearest Yami dealer for a new ride!)

This is why a lot of the guys on the 6R site have the gopro running in the continuous mode, or for older ones, simply erase it at the end of the trip... camera don't lie, and I have seen the same thing before, car all the way over and gets spooked and yanks it back over without even a hint of checking for upcoming traffic...

Heal up

thanks dart...i agree, definitely getting a camera next time. the fz09 is looking mighty temping... :)

ssky0078

Do you have coverage for mods? I had up to 1,000 for gear and mods included in my coverage and that is what pushed my bike up and over to be totaled. I had owned my bike outright so I just got a check cut to me. Not sure how it works if you are carrying a note on it.

cambo

Avid Rider
Do you have coverage for mods? I had up to 1,000 for gear and mods included in my coverage and that is what pushed my bike up and over to be totaled. I had owned my bike outright so I just got a check cut to me. Not sure how it works if you are carrying a note on it.

Yeah Rider insurance covers accessories/mods up to 8 grand. So that's awesome. but for sport bikes they don't. thankfully the fz8 is classed as a 'standard'.

MotoZen

hey motorick...Im new to this process...

I was assuming they'd total the bike, write off what I owed (because I have gap insurance)...and just call it even.

Is this a wrong assumption? Advice greatly appreciated!

The way it was described to me when they almost totaled my bike was that they pay the lien holder off and then give whatever is left to you, minus any deductible. Gap insurance is only worth anything if you owe more than the bike is worth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

cambo

Avid Rider
I can retrofit that!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 2 now Free

Chad, I'll definitely be interested. This is my only bike now, and my attention has turned to it. Eff the mini cooper...parts are so damn expensive.

Maybe not anything this year, but definitely next spring when I get my tax return!