Best windscreen?

schmittz

Looking to get a windscreen for when I take longer trips. What are some good ones that I can tuck behind? I have a more forward riding setup than stock.

schmittz

Are those clip on bars? Why!? Fz8 is all comfort !

Nope, inverted drag bars, for long distance, I pivot them up. Lol also, anything is what you make of it, my fz8 is slowly becoming the image I had in my head when I saw my blank canvas at the stealership

Last edited:

Umyaya

Puig and dpm race fairing look the best. I'm sure that big touring screen would work but i don't like the look. Not sure if the small windscreens are even very functionable.

schmittz

Puig and dpm race fairing look the best. I'm sure that big touring screen would work but i don't like the look. Not sure if the small windscreens are even very functionable.

Most of the big screens dont really look good on the bike. I want one thats form fitted to the bike.

tiki

I have the Puig flyscreen and really like it. It's not to big, looks good on the bike , and diverts the air off your chest while upright and you can tuck behind it easily if you want to.

tiki

Thanks, which model??

Puig For the bike model Yamaha FZ8 2011 | Puig

so its the next generation one in dark smoke

Amazon.com: Puig 5872F Dark Smoke New Generation Windshield: Automotive

if you look at the comments I will tell you it doesnt keep all the air off of you, but it basically keeps the air off of your chest during normal riding, and you can tuck down behind if you're going really fast. I personally like it because it still gives you feeling of wind in your face ( the whole point of riding a naked) yet keeps the majority of the wind pressure off you for longer trips. Its very easy to install and goes over the stock windscreen, so you can take it off/on pretty easily if you have the right size hex driver.

FZ82011

I've got the ERMAX screen on mine. Looks brilliant(my opinion) but tbh I don't think it's that great as wind comes off the headlight and travels up the inside of it. Haven't been on my bike much recently as weather here(England) is rubbish however if I go out on it at the weekend I'll report back.

AdjevE

biondi gust flyscreen

2014-05-25 motorrit else Groep Zeeland57bijsn.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-05-25%u00252Bmotorrit%u00252Belse%u00252BGroep%u00252BZeeland57bijsn.jpg
    2014-05-25%u00252Bmotorrit%u00252Belse%u00252BGroep%u00252BZeeland57bijsn.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

PMPinheiro

Hi there,

I've got the Givi smoked windscreen, bought it a month ago and what a change, should have bought it 3 years ago...

When you ride the bike in cruising position you can go up to 160km/h without much wind (I'm 1.82m tall). When cruising at something about 120/130km/h you are virtually wind free.
I've ridden up to 195km/h in an upright position and you can really feel the difference.

The design is adequate to the bike, it has to be very tight with the headlight protection. Otherwise you'll have a painfull rattle every bump you pass. Other than that, it's a perfect mod.