Bad back disc

FZER

Avid Rider
Yesterday was a little bad I have to admit, but I had pushed it pretty hard at the gym. Absolutely great though tonight! Did 160 miles after work today.

mckshred

49 it is!

The list of old man injuries is way too long to name.
The worst injury I've had was ruptured discs #2 & #3 in my neck which has now turned degenerative.
It's a great day every time I get to ride, even though my fingertips go numb a lot sooner than they used to!:(

Last edited:
C

Camo

33 years young this year!
Touch wood, I've not suffered a back injury but I've broken a few bones.
I've dislocated my right shoulder no less then a dozen times and had a full shoulder reconstruction, it's in pretty good shape these days.
I've had numerous broken hands, dislocated fingers but I broke a bone in my right wrist called the Scaphoid. It has the hands blood supply run through it so when it breaks it can pinch this supply, thus starving your hand of blood.
Had a pin put in it but due to being a meathead, I've managed to skew the pin and have it not really do it's job properly.
So when I'm gripping stuff for long periods of time, it goes numb/pins and needles type thing and feels like a huge fat hand lol!
I could get it redone but that would mean 6 weeks in plaster and an extensive recovery...Can't afford to the time. Maybe when I retire in 30-40 years hahaha!

JRider

35 and feeling a bit younger every day. After a severe back/nerve injury 2 years ago posture REALLY matters. Being a former woods racer the handlebar has always looked cheap (more than mirrors/signals) but the all day comfort and control is too good to mess with. Not all that hard to call it therapy ha ha ,confused my nuerologist.

FZER

Avid Rider
33 years young this year!
Touch wood, I've not suffered a back injury but I've broken a few bones.
I've dislocated my right shoulder no less then a dozen times and had a full shoulder reconstruction, it's in pretty good shape these days.
I've had numerous broken hands, dislocated fingers but I broke a bone in my right wrist called the Scaphoid. It has the hands blood supply run through it so when it breaks it can pinch this supply, thus starving your hand of blood.
Had a pin put in it but due to being a meathead, I've managed to skew the pin and have it not really do it's job properly.
So when I'm gripping stuff for long periods of time, it goes numb/pins and needles type thing and feels like a huge fat hand lol!
I could get it redone but that would mean 6 weeks in plaster and an extensive recovery...Can't afford to the time. Maybe when I retire in 30-40 years hahaha!

Now you aren't a football player are you?

Yeah JRider my wife doesn't understand why my truck bothers my back worse than the bike. In the truck all the shock goes right to the back, at least on the bike my legs take some of the beating.

C

Camo

Not a footballer in the American sense of the word ;)

Here in Australia I played Rugby League...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_Mh6W6yT8&feature=related]Big Hits! and Fights!--Rugby and League - YouTube[/ame]

H

Hoover

46 here.

I have had degenerative disc disease in L1, 2 and 3 for over 15 years.
I have been able to reduce the speed of it and minimize flare ups by inversion.
I bought one of these 4 years ago and cannot tell you how much it has changed my life.
Not been to a chiropractor since I got it and only have to get the steroid treatment once every 18 months or so.

https://www.teetertv.com/?x=baa

FZER

Avid Rider
46 here.

I have had degenerative disc disease in L1, 2 and 3 for over 15 years.
I have been able to reduce the speed of it and minimize flare ups by inversion.
I bought one of these 4 years ago and cannot tell you how much it has changed my life.
Not been to a chiropractor since I got it and only have to get the steroid treatment once every 18 months or so.

https://www.teetertv.com/?x=baa

An inversion table was the first thing my family Doctor recomended. I ordered one today. Physical therapy works for a day or two, but I go Tuesday and Thursday and by Monday I'm absolutely miserable. Physical therapy cost me $25 per visit, so definitely will give it a shot. I've had two shots now and really couldn't tell much of a difference. It's weird, because like today it seems like my hip is the problem...But at the same time my right foot is completely asleep, my shin is killing me, and my right cheek (tmi I know) is aweful. Not to mention other things below my waist on the right side......:eek:

Yamacat1000

22 here...ive sprained my lower back twice causing a disc to swell at least once per year takin me out of work for about two weeks. It pushes directly on my spinal coard. Kinda painful. Damn my long back.

FZER

Avid Rider
I got the teeter hang up and put together and it's maybe the best money I've ever spent. Today I took off work to catch up on a ton of things before my wife and I head out for a couple days in Savannah. So I took my truck to get my tires balanced, weedeated, edged, and cut my 1 acre yard. After I got done with the yard I took a shower and got on the teeter for about 15 minutes going down to about 40 degrees for about 30 seconds or so and then back level for about 30 seconds. My back was hurting pretty bad when I got on it and afterwards I felt so damn good I installed my full akrapovic exhaust. Got done with installing the exhaust and again I was in some pretty serious pain. I teetered again using the same steps as above and I fill like a million bucks right now. It's so awesome to be living again!

H

Hoover

I got the teeter hang up and put together and it's maybe the best money I've ever spent. Today I took off work to catch up on a ton of things before my wife and I head out for a couple days in Savannah. So I took my truck to get my tires balanced, weedeated, edged, and cut my 1 acre yard. After I got done with the yard I took a shower and got on the teeter for about 15 minutes going down to about 40 degrees for about 30 seconds or so and then back level for about 30 seconds. My back was hurting pretty bad when I got on it and afterwards I felt so damn good I installed my full akrapovic exhaust. Got done with installing the exhaust and again I was in some pretty serious pain. I teetered again using the same steps as above and I fill like a million bucks right now. It's so awesome to be living again!

Good for you bud, thanks for the PM. Stay at it, it will really help.

V

Vapordan

41 here. Got fed up of physio and meds, decided to research and fix my back myself. I learned that my hamstrings are tight, twisting my pelvis and killing my back. Clue? I could never really sit and cross my legs. Ever. Yoga stretches to pull the hamstrings loose, it's on the mend. Fingers, uh hamstrings crossed!

C

Camo

When I first started bricklaying, I was having back tightness issues and my sports medicine doc told me it was my hamstrings...Stretching/yoga-esque type exercises sorted it out...Helped my surfing a bunch too!
Keep at it, it really does work.
The same doc also told my Father not to sit with his wallet in the back pocket of his pants as it throws your back alignment out gradually.