Bad back disc

FZER

Avid Rider
My main mode of transportation is a 07 frontier wt the nismo offroad package. I really mess up my back, back in November. Torn/inflamed last disc. I can actually ride longer on my bike than I can in my truck. But things are getting better, nerve block shots, exercises, therapy, and lots of pills.....Fortunately, I can make it through the day, but man by night time oh my god. I guess I'm getting old..

Tell you what how old is everyone?
37 here.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i'll top that one.

three deteriorated vertebrae (5-7) and two slipped (bulging technically) disks between them. i can only ride for about 50-60 miles before i get shooting pain down my arms due to the nerve clusters that leave the spine at that point getting pinched.

sadly it's from a motorcycle accident in which my best friend (at the time) rear ended my r1 with his sv650. totalled both bikes as i was stopped and he was clipping along at about 30mph looking at his speedo.

42 currently.

packnrat

so far at least i am not the oldest. only 51 here.

and bad back due to a fool in his cage doing 95mph and crossing the center line on a narrow two lane straight but rolling rd.

lucky to be alive and a problem to others...:eek:

every day is a :bday: for me.

C

calscrazy

37 with two bad knees. ACL and MCL replacement on right one.

hypo

just turned 41 last month. But you put any of us on an FZ8, and other than a little bit of a gut, we look 25 in helmet and leathers. ;)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
47 with a 25 yr old mind. My body hates what my mind *thinks* it can do. I need a hot tub....

Rgraphic

27 here. I've had back issues since i was a kid and after having a ninja as my first bike, I didnt think i would ever be comfortable on any sport bike for longer rides. Glad I came across the FZ8. No complaints with comfort.

FZER

Avid Rider
so far at least i am not the oldest. only 51 here.

and bad back due to a fool in his cage doing 95mph and crossing the center line on a narrow two lane straight but rolling rd.

lucky to be alive and a problem to others...:eek:

every day is a :bday: for me.

Holy cow man, all of a sudden my back doesn't hurt near as bad....

Here I was thinking I'd be about the only middle age(ish) guy on one of these things, I guess once you ride a sportbike there's nothing else you want. I had a stratoliner deluxe, but even all that motor just couldn't keep me from wanting a sportbike.

FZER

Avid Rider
AWESOME man, I'm in middle GA, so I get a good bit of riding days as well. It was 42 when I left the house this morning, but I survived for 68 this afternoon.

Oh the, "like a quote" thing is sooo g-- well I don't want to sound like a jerk.

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

Broke my neck last year, and the year before I had two herniated disks in my lower back. I know how bad that back pain can hurt, at times it would bring me to my knees and in tears. Good luck with everything man!!!!