2013 fz8 stock Dyno run

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Okay here we go bone stock 2013 fz8 with about 280 miles on it. The air fuel ratio I'm happy with and the dip at 5k is smaller than the 2012 but someone else could better verify that for me. I'm happy with this graph as a stock figure. They apologized about their printer lol. CF: SAE smooth 5

Marthy

Pretty good on a bone stock bike. We got some numbers on the R1 cam / TB slip-on set up. 102 WHP and 55 ft.lb. Wasn't optimal... swapping for the Marthy Exhaust now for another tune and back on the dyno within a week or so. BRRAPPP!

Marthy

Cool, so you just used a cam from an r1? How much tuning was involved?

It was quite a lot of work actually. Numerous hours sitting with the laptop and looking at some data. It took about 20 map upgrade to get it right. I do the map with the autotune and LCD-200 (data logger) It takes a little longer to tune it this way but real life tuning is much better than running 4th gear on a dyno in my book.

We had the bike on the dyno and the teck was impress with the tune. I use the TPS and Pressure map, much more accurate. The FZ8 already has a map sensor...

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Wow man that's awesome, once all of my cosmetics are done, I'm gonna have to talk to you about a full build. I'm even willing to dive into the motor. I got the 8 strictly as a project (toy) I ride my vmax mostly. So as long as your Evil doctor ideas are flowing........ Hehe soon my friend soon.

Marthy

Wow man that's awesome, once all of my cosmetics are done, I'm gonna have to talk to you about a full build. I'm even willing to dive into the motor. I got the 8 strictly as a project (toy) I ride my vmax mostly. So as long as your Evil doctor ideas are flowing........ Hehe soon my friend soon.

Cool! My buddy is about 2 hrs away from you. I'm sure he will be happy to help out!

Your bike is bone stock or with a PCV?

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I don't understand what your asking/saying? I put up the stock Dyno run for the 2013 fz8 using mototuneusa breakin method. Are you saying the two brothers site doesn't have a stock Dyno to compare it to?

alexk

Weekend Rider
It looks like you dyno'd very close (within a couple of lbft and hp - margin of error in my book) to what the folks at mcnews.com posted in their 2011 review of the fz8.

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2011YamahaFZ8.pdf

Near the bottom you'll find this little tidbit:

Yay consistency!

Marthy

Can't wait to see the new numbers with the Marthy-Viper exhaust. There's gain... just not sure how much yet!