2012 Yamaha FZ8 For Sale 10k Miles, Dallas Area, willing to ride to you

ssmi291

I have my 2012 Yamaha FZ8 for sale, I have had it listed locally on Craigslist for over a month now with not a single person interested. The reason for selling is simply because I can't afford the payment combined with insurance because I recently moved. It is in amazing condition with a fresh Royal Purple oil change with K&N filter. Needs a rear tire soon but everything else is like its brand new. Has just over 10,000 miles, I am the second owner. Never been laid down or fallen over. The bike has a 2 Brothers Carbon Black Series slip-on exhaust, Red Anodized Adjustable Pazzo Racing levers, Yoshimura Frame Sliders all the way around, tank pad, Power Commander V that is not installed but comes with bike, fender delete with LED license plate light, and red accent lighting. I could really use some help reaching a bigger audience to sell, if anyone is interested or has any advice. It seems the unique market for the FZ/Fazer bikes is making it a hard sell. I am asking $5800 and will consider all offers. My name is Steven and I can be reached at 614-572-8887 call/text any time of day. Bike is located in the Dallas, TX area and I would be willing to ride it a reasonable distance away in order to sell. (Reasonable being a few hours or so)
Thanks for looking.

matto27

Sorry I cant buy the bike but if you are willing to sell the pipe for a deal then I would make the trip from austin to meet up.

Woody146

Banned
Have you done the 8k or 10 k checkup? Air filter, spark plugs, throttle body sync? Last one is 12 k but it's ok for premature service..MAY help sell the bike better?

Umyaya

Have you done the 8k or 10 k checkup? Air filter, spark plugs, throttle body sync? Last one is 12 k but it's ok for premature service..MAY help sell the bike better?

You really changed your spark plugs at 10k? I was going to just at 25 when I do valves. Maybe I will do it sooner.... is it hard to put spark plugs in? My bike hasn't been acting weird or anything..

ssmi291

Spark plugs are not due until 12,000 miles, I am a firm believer in following manufacturer suggested service intervals. Modern spark plug technology has a come a long way. Also as far as other check-ups and annual maintenence goes, I check over the bike from front to back before every ride. Including all fluid levels, chain slack, the position and integrity of all cables and hoses, proper operation of brakes front and rear, and the air filter has been inspected recently as well (manual says thats only to be replaced every 24k) If it needs or needed to be done I have taken care of it. Any help with some other outlets to use for selling it would be appreciated as well.
Thanks.

Woody146

Banned
Plugs are supposed to be changed at 8k service per the yamaha service manual....same as checking the filter...it's paper..k&n last 25 k until cleaning..but they are not paper..I have 12 k and change and the filter had to be changed 1 time..I did it twice because the 3 rd filter was a k&n.

I wouldn't try and sell a fz8 on a fz8 forum...I'd try on an fz6 or 6r forum..as well as r6 and r1