ZX-10R, YZ400F, and Stuff

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Found myself with a lot of free time today. Been dormant on the forums I usually participate with for the last 5 or 6 months, but I'm very happy to see how much this forum community is growing.

Now that I finally have my engineering career on a solid start, I ended up buying the '12 ZX-10R, a friends '98 Yamaha YZ400F, and now trying to convince my father to get an FZ8. Haha.

ZX-10R

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2oRXch3pQA]2012 ZX-10R - GMR - YouTube[/ame]

Gosh... She is damn fun! I was going to get an FZ8, but since my budget opened up considerably after getting my new job, I was considering the Ducati Streetfighter 848. But... I'm a very price vs feature kind of person, so while the SF848 looked so bitchin', I looked into the new ZX-10R. I liked the idea of the traction control feature, because I ride, rain or shine, 100+ miles nearly everyday. I'm pretty ballsy/aggressive when it comes to riding (not stunting), so dipping on the on/off ramps, highway interchanges, canyons, and tracks was kept in mind. And, because I've never owned a Kawasaki, decided to try it out.

Boy.... I can see myself getting in a lot of trouble with this bike, so I purchased all new gear since getting her. Haha. The traction control feature has already proven itself too. :D The only thing I've done to her was install a slider kit. There really isn't anything else I care to do to her other than install these Dunlop GP-As. Canyon friend of mine swears by them, and though I've had nothing but bad experience with Dunlop, decided to give them another chance.

<< My best friend bought his GSXR750 the same time I purchased my bike. Our license plates are almost identical with the last two digits being off by 26 numbers. Thought that was pretty cool.

(I had to pee, haha)

YZ400F
I love Yamahas. Loved my R6, Love my XV250. So why not get a dirt bike? Been dirt biking since I can remember. Friend wanted to sell his 400F, so I took it off his hands.
Changed the oils, replaced some dinged parts, new grips, and cleaned up the FMF pipe it came with. Hard to keep the front wheel on the ground :D

By the way, if any of you guys ride an ATV in the SoCal area, let me know. I only know one friend who rides a dirt bike, and now I own it. Haha.

So, I helped my father get his M1 license (again). He had one when he was my age, but I guess he didn't keep up on it. So I showed him where I took the MSF course. Now he's digging around for a bike, preferably used, but I keep kicking him around to the idea of just getting a new FZ8. He tells me how he'd rather get some used BMW K1000 (or something odd) with 25k+ miles for just about the same price as a FZ8. And all I have is this odd look to give him.... :confused:
I turned him to (at least) getting a used FZ1, and now he is more conscious of the price vs features/advantages aspect. Honestly, I feel Yamaha has the easiest/cheapest maintenance anyway.

If the FZ8 (or even the FZ1) came with a traction control option and/or an ABS option, I would definitely be owning one right now. I still hope to own one though; the seating position is just perfect. Would much rather ride that bike for longer distances, such as riding to Las Vegas or San Francisco from Los Angeles.

Cheers!