Yoshi R77 vs. R77D

Jacek3743

I'm interested in getting myself a Yoshi exhaust. Beside the looks, is there any main difference between the two like sound? Mostly out of curiousity if anyone has heard the two compared between each other.

Marthy

I was digging for some info last evening. They are about the same. The D has Double outlet. The sound is a little different. It all come down to if you get the D you can't use the DBKiller available for the R77.

I personally dig the R77D. Awesome looking can. Much better than anything else available... I'll spend $400-500 on this can, not something I'll do with a TB (personal preference)

Jacek3743

That's what I figured that you won't be able to use the killer. I'll stick the the D version also because I love the look of it, especially carbon fiber

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jacek3743

Will do! First I gotta get the finances for it because every time I get excited about something new and shiny, my wallet tells me to calm down. Guilty habit.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Jacek, I just installed the R77D last night, and it's excellent. It was startling after starting it for the first time to hear the rumble in my exhaust jungle; but worth every penny and so shiny.

Here's a post on THIS forum about decibel comparison. http://www.779cc.org/forum/1428-post49.html

The quick version is that the R77d with silencer is somewhere between the R77 with and without silencer. Works for me! :)

S

Shock

I was really close to getting the R77D. There are some great vids on YouTube

Jacek3743

Jacek, I just installed the R77D last night, and it's excellent. It was startling after starting it for the first time to hear the rumble in my exhaust jungle; but worth every penny and so shiny.

Here's a post on THIS forum about decibel comparison. http://www.779cc.org/forum/1428-post49.html

The quick version is that the R77d with silencer is somewhere between the R77 with and without silencer. Works for me! :)

I thought it'd be a bright idea to take off the stock exhaust and just turn on the bike on like that in my garage, I don't think I've ever been more startled in my life and almost killed myself trying to turn it off as fast as possible....

S

Shock

What'd you get instead?

Ixrace Z1 and I run it without the baffles sounds amazing huge difference from stock

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Also this site is where I ordered from they have some sweet choices:
http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.u...ubmodel&autoparts_search_secret_submit=Search

Last edited by a moderator:

charris247

I actually just took the plunge and ordered the R-77D Carbon last night off of Revzilla. Should have it by Friday.

Pretty sure this will be my final MOD!

S

Shock

I actually just took the plunge and ordered the R-77D Carbon last night off of Revzilla. Should have it by Friday.

Pretty sure this will be my final MOD!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha mods are addicting there will be more

charris247

I know the R-77D puts me just over $4k in MODs. There are only a few more I could possibly do. Once the R-77D is on I think I will finally satisfy my addiction!:D

Glovik

I'll also be buying a carbon/carbon 77d in the upcoming weeks. Aside from the sound and everything great about the can itself, it looks like it was made for the fz8 :).

It sounds great on YouTube, can't wait to hear it in person.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Not to hijack the thread but what brand are your mirrors Shock? I like that they're bar-end but still look like you can see out of em. Nice!

I just noticed that Shock got banned too???

Yes, Shock is no longer with us. Bashing this forum will tend to get you banned.

Here is the mirrors that he had:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Oval-Bar-End-Mirrors/dp/B008MZH9O0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1362748363&sr=1-1&keywords=BikeMaster+Oval+Bar+End+Mirrors]BikeMaster Oval Bar End Mirrors - Black : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Found them in an old thread of his.