Yamaha MT-09

Rotaryknight

So yamaha just released more info on the MT-09 and I am jealous that only the europeans are getting it so far :(

Its more powerful and lighter than the FZ8.

black8

I think it will be a flop,it looks like a cross between an fz8 and a tdm plus if they want it to compete with the 1050 speed triple they will have to do better than what they are doing at the moment,sorry but looks shit plus why name it another mt, both the others didn`t sell mt01- mt03 in the numbers they wanted.

Last edited:

aj700

probably sell and perform well than we expect. But i would refrain from jumping in/suggesting it to someone, since its defenitely a 'beta' bike. They will be using its results/feedbacks for GP.
By its third gen, It Will be right time for us to move in. :D Waiting to see It in flesh and blood and of Course to try It too....

Marthy

Nor sure I will throw my hard earned money on that one. Not a bad ride but not enough difference with a FZ8 to justify the $$$. Whoever has FZ8 most than likely won't upgrade... won't talk about the ones who own FZ1s. Not sure... kind of disappointed. I was expecting better fron Yamaha to be honest. Let's see what they do about the FZ1...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

pigdog

burst my bubble, i just went on my first ride today. after riding mostly cruisers this bike rocks. mt 09 looks ok too.

good dog

From the Ashphalt and Rubber link I posted above

With its European counterpart, the 2014 Yamaha MT-09 dropping earlier today, America too will be getting a 847cc three-cylinder naked bike for the 2014 model year, the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09. Replacing the Yamaha FZ8 in the Japanese company’s line-up, the FZ-09 is the first motorcycle from the tuning fork brand to sport the Yamaha’s new line of three-cylinder engines.

thach1130

The FZ9 will definitely be my next bike. But i won't be an early adopter. I will wait until the kinks are worked out and the aftermarket product readily available. Although the underbelly exhaust is awesome, that huge square box isn't.

Bajaedition

problem with getting a new bike is they change models so quick
and yours is soon old news
3 year run of the FZ8, Darn, I do not see it as fully developed yet.
Nut then that is the nature of Yamaha.
Guess if we wanted the same ole thing we would be in the Harley riding group.

Exciting new bike, notice though, no damping adjustment, guess part of the design sacrifices that for price
Triples do have more torque.