Yahama Solo Cowl

beefcake morris

Has anybody purchased one? I am thinking about getting it along with the R&G passenger blanking plate and exhaust hanger.

I figure it would make the bike even more different looking.

Fazer401

cowl

Yes, just installed the Ermax seat cowl,fits like a glove,colors right on...I had to take the manual out from the seat because with the integrated turn box under there,etc. it was tough to click the seat closed. I wouldnt want to take it on/off an awful lot, it has 4 tabs and slides over the stock seat pretty tight. Ill take pics tommorrow.

C

Camo

I've had the Yamaha rear cowl since I got the FZ. It clips in the same way the rear seat does, as you have to remove the rear seat to install the cowl.
If you wear a back pack, be sure it sits high on your back as my pack scratched the top of it with very fine scratches.
It looks the biz on the bike and the lines of the bike still flow but I put the seat back on for the weekly commute and if I can be bothered, put it back on for the weekend runs. Purely so I don't scratch it up any worse.

beefcake morris

Thanks for the info Camo. I had to the same thing with my GSXR when I carried a back pack. I am hoping that the tail section would not be higher on the fz8 than my GSXR was because I barley cleared the tail section with my boot.

beefcake morris

Got the solo cowl in the mail today it was wrapped up nicely.

lothodon

Super Moderator
while i do LOVE the look of it, and the bike as a "solo" only bike, i just know i'd be scuffing the crap out of it with my work boots when i go to and from work.

SpunkyTheTuna

Looks great with the seat cover. I noticed the Tail of the Dragon stickers too. In case anybody doesn't know it, that version of the sticker is only available at the Dragon, not mail order. Can't get it if you didn't ride it, essentially. So now that I've outed you, you gotta tell us how the Fizzer did on the Dragon.

beefcake morris

Looks great with the seat cover. I noticed the Tail of the Dragon stickers too. In case anybody doesn't know it, that version of the sticker is only available at the Dragon, not mail order. Can't get it if you didn't ride it, essentially. So now that I've outed you, you gotta tell us how the Fizzer did on the Dragon.

You didn't rat me out. I am super glad you noticed the difference in the dragons!

First let me list the bikes i have had up there: 2006 zx10r, 2008 gsxr 1000, drz supermoto.

The 8 rides great up there in the mountains compared to the the zx10 and gsxr. I will not compare the drz, totally different bike.

First of all, let's talk about comfort because I didn't just ride the 11 miles only. After riding 800 miles on a week long trip up there I can honestly say that I was not nearly as tired as my previous other bikes.

Second power, is always there and was never an issue even on the Cherohala. I mostly used 3rd gear on the dragon and all out open on 68 and the Cherohala.

Third, suspension you must do the R1 rear shock upgrade. It helped the rear out extremely. The front end still must be done, though.

I honestly can not wait to ride the 8 up there again. You must take it up there.

ARFZ8

If you end up getting the R&G peg delete and hanger check the thread pitch on their bolt and the one you remove from the factory pipe hanger. mine came with a different pitch than the factory one and I had to run to lowes and get a matching nut to go with it.

beefcake morris

If you end up getting the R&G peg delete and hanger check the thread pitch on their bolt and the one you remove from the factory pipe hanger. mine came with a different pitch than the factory one and I had to run to lowes and get a matching nut to go with it.

Will do and thank you for the info. They are on back order with Soloman.

V

Vapordan

I'm trying something different on the cowl. I'm going to go with a custom luimoto FZ1 seat cover fitted especially for my fz8. The fz8 cover doesn't tickle me pink. I find the yamaha OEM cowls a tad boring because they lack that color variety. Thinking of a gold embroidary with some black, white and red in there. Still working out the details with luimoto.

beefcake morris

;)I
I'm trying something different on the cowl. I'm going to go with a custom luimoto FZ1 seat cover fitted especially for my fz8. The fz8 cover doesn't tickle me pink. I find the yamaha OEM cowls a tad boring because they lack that color variety. Thinking of a gold embroidary with some black, white and red in there. Still working out the details with luimoto.

nice! I am so gale you are using them.