Would you change your FZ8 for this?

Would you change your FZ8 for this bike?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • I want both.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Speedo007

I'm looking into it, if it's something I can afford I'd love to have this as a city solo bike. I'd keep my FZ8 since the Virago isn't as practical, but damn I hope I can have both!

Last edited:
C

Camo

Not at all my cup of tea but that thing looks trick as fuck!
Do it!

H

Hoover

Cafe racers have 2 cylinder engines, just not in that configuration :D

Crazywb23

I hope to build a bitchin custom cafe racer like this one day. Something with a 1200 or bigger.. Love this look

Speedo007

I contacted the guy who builds them. A bike like that one goes for 10-14k$ There's about 7k$ in parts alone...

Hereward

If you see one in the flesh then your smitten......If I could aford it I'd buy one today.........only 200 made and my local bike shop (millenium) has one for sale......they are the ultimate modern take on a cafe racer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7m_jW1fbBA&feature=fvst]2011 NEW Norton Commando 961 SE - YouTube[/ame]

C

Camo

That's horn as f$%k Hereward! Exhaust needs to be shortened but I'd have that!!
Wonder what sort of price tag they have on them?

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
Im a total sucker for cafe's The main reason I bought the FZ-8 was to keep mileage off of mine actually. I always say the Triumph is the wife and the Yamaha is the girlfriend. The Yamaha will probably come and go but I will be buried with my Triumph.

Speedo007

Here's a little 1983 Yamaha VX500 bobber project I've been working on.

And this is what it looked like in 1983 :p

C

Camo

That looks great Speedo! Have you done it all yourself, if so, how many hours?
Should make a build thread... I love following the progress of those things!

Speedo007

Thanks I wish I could say I did it all myself...but I'm not that mechanically inclined.
Here's how it was when I bought it last year:

The picture doesn't show, but the tank was pretty badly beat up on the other side. I did some bodywork and had it painted professionally. Then I had the wheels, driving shaft, subframe, handlebar, rearsets, levers and handlebar powder coated. Now the only part that needs attention is the crappy exhausts that are rusted, rattling and just falling appart...then I'm done for a while.

And this is what it looked like this afternoon.

Last edited: