Wind is a cruel punishment to a bike

FZ8Ryder

So here in "fabulous" Las Vegas we just had huge gusts of wind tonight which must have been over 70 Mph and in turn my bike was tipped over on to its right side. The handlebar was bent upwards quite a bit and there are scrapes on the tank cover, the radiator cap and side, and the bar end. That's all the damage I was able to see. It was raining so hard it hurt and I couldn't see a thing till the bike was wheeled under the building walkway. Talk about a bad Friday night.
Lesson? Park in a way which prevents the wind from being able to beat the $#!% out of my bike.

Blanchy

Sometimes all you try is not enough. I had my old TT600 blown over to the left. It was so windy it got blown over the side stand, I estimated the front wheel had to be about 5ft in the air to go over. At least it was a dirt bike and a few marks are usual.

cambo

Avid Rider
damn dude, sorry to hear that! eff you mother nature!

I just dropped a people's elbow on the ground to defend your honor.

FZ8Ryder

damn dude, sorry to hear that! eff you mother nature!

I just dropped a people's elbow on the ground to defend your honor.

Hahaha thanks man. And thank you to all you guys. Luckily I have full coverage and i'm going through the steps with the insurance company.

Tango59

Damn, that was a strong wind. I was one the way home from work last summer when a SEVERE thunderstorm hit. 45-50mph gust hit and blew me across 3 lanes of traffic. I might have shit myself but there was so much rain it probably washed it away.

pigdog

that's too bad. years ago me & my passenger were blown into a drainage ditch on hwy37 just past sears point raceway. no tip over but it was a wakeup call.

FZ8Ryder

Haha well at least you kept it upright and the rain was enough to wash away the "fear" from your pants hahaha.

cambo

Avid Rider
Damn, that was a strong wind. I was one the way home from work last summer when a SEVERE thunderstorm hit. 45-50mph gust hit and blew me across 3 lanes of traffic. I might have shit myself but there was so much rain it probably washed it away.

lmfao!

mikefz8

So here in "fabulous" Las Vegas we just had huge gusts of wind tonight which must have been over 70 Mph and in turn my bike was tipped over on to its right side. The handlebar was bent upwards quite a bit and there are scrapes on the tank cover, the radiator cap and side, and the bar end. That's all the damage I was able to see. It was raining so hard it hurt and I couldn't see a thing till the bike was wheeled under the building walkway. Talk about a bad Friday night.
Lesson? Park in a way which prevents the wind from being able to beat the $#!% out of my bike.

Problem with wind is that it is soooooo unpredictable and can come from infiniti [think 4D] different directions--making it hard to park for every possible way that it could blow your ride over! Thankfully I park mine inside my garage everynight. Sorry about your bike.

FZ8Ryder

Problem with wind is that it is soooooo unpredictable and can come from infiniti [think 4D] different directions--making it hard to park for every possible way that it could blow your ride over! Thankfully I park mine inside my garage everynight. Sorry about your bike.

Thank you. Yeah I know I currently have it parked in a covered walkway where the wind cant get to it. Along with another guys triumph daytona. Just waiting to get it fixed.