who makes the best bars

tjfisher

So i layed her down this moring no major damage and was wearing full gear . but the bars are now a little tweeted and gives me a good excuse to get new ones for the spring:D

ausfz8

I know you pain man. a young driver here didn't look where she was going a.k.a turn her head right to see me right next to her.
anyway I have upgraded my bars for personal reasons as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I have gone for a Renthal TwinWall bar that is more straighter and slightly longer (Wider).

these are amazing to me and helped me out so much more. I can now ride for longer and feel like I have more control. :D

MickD93

Pro taper makes good bars, they're mainly made for moto-x but I have a set on my bike. Real high strength and really light. I have the 7/8" Carmichael bend.

cambo

Avid Rider
+1 for the carmichael pro tapers. I went from stock to clubman to clip ons and finally to these pro tapers and the protapers were my favorite. I used to get pretty good vibration from the stock bars and the hands would be sore after my 40 mile commute. With the pro tapers, I could ride forever. zero vibration!

97audi...here's a link to the pro taper thread: http://www.779cc.org/forum/bar/3550-pro-taper-seven-eights-bar-install.html

FYI, Tj, if you want stock bars, I've got a set lying around.

Last edited:
F

fz8kansas

+1 for the carmichael pro tapers. I went from stock to clubman to clip ons and finally to these pro tapers and the protapers were my favorite. I used to get pretty good vibration from the stock bars and the hands would be sore after my 40 mile commute. With the pro tapers, I could ride forever. zero vibration!

97audi...here's a link to the pro taper thread: http://www.779cc.org/forum/bar/3550-pro-taper-seven-eights-bar-install.html

I have been thinking about replacing my bar this winter. Looking a the pics you posted it would appear that this bar are about 2" shorter in height than the stock bar. This is the direction I want to go as I find myself sitting up too straight during hiway runs on the way to and from work. I find myself leaning forward into the wind with my elbows out, which I find uncomfortable. I was trying to figure out if I wanted to go to a straight bar like I ran on my old CB. Did these bars come with new clamps or did they fit in the original clamps? Was there clearence between the bars and the tank at full lock?

cambo

Avid Rider
I have been thinking about replacing my bar this winter. Looking a the pics you posted it would appear that this bar are about 2" shorter in height than the stock bar. This is the direction I want to go as I find myself sitting up too straight during hiway runs on the way to and from work. I find myself leaning forward into the wind with my elbows out, which I find uncomfortable. I was trying to figure out if I wanted to go to a straight bar like I ran on my old CB. Did these bars come with new clamps or did they fit in the original clamps? Was there clearence between the bars and the tank at full lock?

hey kansas hope all is well dude! These bars were 7/8ths in diameter at the clamp so they'll fit the stock clamps...they're actually called "Pro Taper Seven Eighths" lol. And there's plenty of clearance at full lock...no issues there!

As far as appearing 2" shorter in height...that may just be the illusion of the pics I took. The goal of those pics were to show how much wider the pro taper bars were than stock. But as far as height differences...the only thing I can say is, I actually felt MORE upright with these handle bars than I did with stock. But, then again, I spent a good amount of time on clubman bars and clip ons before changing to these, so that might've contributed to the new, more upright feeling.

Perhaps Mike Chu or MickD93 could better comment on the new riding postion differences as I believe they went from stock straight to these.

Also, another bar that some folks have successfully, and happilly, ran are the renthal streetfighters.

97audia4

Thanks dude I appreciate it, I should have known you had these at some point. :D

MickD93

I have some pics but idk how much help they'd be...they're on my Honda 599. But compared to my stock bars they were close to 2" lower and 3" wider. I cut mine to the stock bar length.

As far as riding position there was no real noticable difference for me, I'm 6ft but it could be different for someone shorter.

Overall they're great bars, they keep the vibration down and just feel a lot stronger than the Renthal's. I got mine off eBay as an open box item so it was a little cheaper but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

F

fz8kansas

MickD93, Thanks for the pics. Looks like what I may be looking for. The price is reasonable so if I decide to change it won't break the bank. I have seen some naked bikes but I think that you took it too far! LOL!

MickD93

MickD93, Thanks for the pics. Looks like what I may be looking for. The price is reasonable so if I decide to change it won't break the bank. I have seen some naked bikes but I think that you took it too far! LOL!

Haha yeah...I'm starting the process of fixing the free dents that came with the bike and repainting the whole thing. Should make for a good winter project

Woody146

Banned
(Speigler-Lsl) makes extremely good bars in aluminum and steel in 7/8 and in fat bars ( would need new fatter riser clamps) and they have multiple colors and multiple bends..I picked up a set of black aluminum 7/8 in a super bike bend...gotta say..they are awesome..wayyyyy lighter than stock bars..and the bend makes corners way easier to hit...they are the same overall length, but due to the bend, the stick out about another inch on each side with has messed me up with splitting lanes at traffic lights ( clipped a few mirrors lol)
But over all was worth it..spent $120 on bars and $25 on speigler-lsl slim ends...only downfall of ordering...they come from Germany so it takes a while