White water rafting and Deal's Gap

FZER

Avid Rider
So listen I've been on here a couple months now and I really feel like we've got some great folks on here. I know north GA and that TN area where Deal's Gap is pretty good. Let's get together maybe. The Ocoee River is right there in the middle of it all, it's one of the best places in the country to white water raft and there's a little town called Helen in GA that's awesome. Brass Town Bald is a great ride. What's everyone thinking?

Can you imagine about 20 or so FZ8 riding around? People would think the Hell's Demons had come to town. Well maybe that's going a little to far, but in GA there's no rules on exhaust.......

highoctane

Canyon Carver
White water rafting is a blast! done a few trips down the snake river in jackson wy and the green river ut. if i wasnt on the west side id be with ya!!

C

calscrazy

me and some friends have started to make plans to go up there next august. ride the dragon, skyway and the moonshiner. we went to west virginia a few years ago because we heard how great the blue ridge parkway was. IT SUCKED!!! 35mph and cars everywhere!! the scenery was very nice though. this year we are going to santa cruz and gonna ride PCH. i am more interested in some of the paths through the woods.

FZER

Avid Rider
Yeah even the dragon gets too crowded. I know a road, and it might be the one you are talking about, but it runs from Helen GA over towards I think it's called Ranger TN it was great in my Nissan truck and I had to pull over to let two streetfighters go that day. Hey let me know if I can join ya'll.

See if this link works, I think this is the road I'm talking about.
http://mapq.st/zffXIh

www.Ocoee-outdoors.com is the outfitter my wife and I use for rafting.

Last edited:
C

calscrazy

the trip isnt until august 2013. i will post up as it gets closer in the trips section. none of us have any problem with more people showing up.

FZER

Avid Rider
Hey that might be perfect plenty of time to plan stuff? You guys ever been to Helen? The Chattahoochee river circles the town and everyone tubes around and bar hops with the tubes.

C

calscrazy

we dont raft! as i was told one time "u guys ride like the devil is chasing you!"

EZ RIDER

A buddy and I are loading ours bikes on a trailer and heading for the Dragons Tail in July. We are both stoked and can hardly wait to ride it. Any other roads as well. Would love to hook up with somebody from the area to show us around.

Btucker1420

Hey guys live in charlotte NC let me know when your trip gets closer my friend an i both ride fz8 so let me know an we can meet yall up there an tear it up with some fzs know alot of roads in the area as well

D

DJK1505

I am planning a trip to the dragon this summer. Not sure the dates, if any one is making plans now, let me know and I will look at scheduling my trip along with yours. Would be cool to ride with a few other 8's.

Anyone going to the Blue Ridge Bike Fest?

The Blue Ridge Bike Fest 2012

I already have a hotel for the weekend, driving down Friday afternoon, and coming home Sunday late. let me know if anyone is going.

DJ

FZER

Avid Rider
I am planning a trip to the dragon this summer. Not sure the dates, if any one is making plans now, let me know and I will look at scheduling my trip along with yours. Would be cool to ride with a few other 8's.

I already have a hotel for the weekend, driving down Friday afternoon, and coming home Sunday late. let me know if anyone is going.

DJ

I can't open the site at work, but I'll check it out tonight.

FZER

Avid Rider
Hey guys live in charlotte NC let me know when your trip gets closer my friend an i both ride fz8 so let me know an we can meet yall up there an tear it up with some fzs know alot of roads in the area as well[/QUOTE

Let me know as well.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus

DJ

I will absolutely be at the Blue Ridge Bike fest. It's 5 minutes down the road from my house. :)

My buddy from Northern VA who runs a custom bike shop will be down also. We should exchange information before you come down. I would definitely like to get up and go for a ride.

EZ RIDER

I will for sure let you fellas know when we are coming down to ride the Dragons Tail. It is looking as of right now somewhere around July 13th to July 22nd. Well somewhere in between those days anyway.

We are looking at taking 3-4 days of riding so any and all are welcome. I have a Fazer 8 and my buddy rides a Bandit 1250.

Cant wait to tame the dragon lol.

FZER

Avid Rider
Sounds good. I might not be able to make a week trip, but maybe the weekend of the 13th. My Dad passed away at the end of December after a year long fight with Leukmia and I burned through all of my leave at work, but I don't see why I couldn't make it for a couple of days.

EZ RIDER

Sorry to hear about your dad. Am looking forward to meeting up with some fellow FZ8 owners and tearing up some roads though. Heh my buddy with the Bandit that will be making this trip with me says he will be a stand out in the crowed. "One Bandit with a bunch of Yammy's" he said......lol. My reply was don't worry us Yammy owners arent prejudice but try to keep up lol.

FZER

Avid Rider
Oh man, bandit's are bad. I nearly went with a GSX1250Fa myself. Thanks about my Dad, man it's the worse thing I've ever seen. I know cancer is bad news, but man this was horrible. He suffered so much, but for nothing. I know he tried to fight so hard for me, and my brothers though. He and I got soooo close too during all of his treatments and hospital stays. He was in the hospital at Emory University two hours away for months at a time. It still really sucks, but seriously, I've got you guys and believe it or not ya'll help! Motorcycling, chatting about parts, and working on it have helped me so much it's unbelieveable. There's times when nothing but a ride helps.

THANKS A TON everybody.

grant696

I have never ridden through the mountains of GA or TN but I have driven through both and it is an awesome experience. We also white water rafted in TN and that is definitely a memorable experience!

FZER

Avid Rider
Listen to how awesome this is. My sister just landed a great job in Chattanooga TN and she loves the Ocoee. She moving next month into a two bedroom apartment. I guess I have my hotel room.

FZER

Avid Rider
My wife is a nurse so we have to get time off pretty early. The plan is go up thursday august 2nd and raft august 4th Saturday morning. As soon as I book the trip down the river I'll let everyone know the take off time so you can possibly book the same time. We will be using Ocoeeoutdoors.com and hopefully getting a pretty early send off. 10am ish. We'll do the full day that included lunch. Last time it was grilled hamburgers and chicken. If some of you guys come let me know I'll bring the bike.