Which FZ for a noob?

egbert

Hi...I am a new 2013 FZ8 owner as well, mine was also $5999 and I am also 41, similar size at 5'10" and around 215 lbs. I took the MSF course in August 2013 and then got a 2005 Ninja 500R for the next 13 months and 1200 miles or so, never going over 65 mph. Having had a close relative die in a motorcycle crash, I have taken safety very serious and want to be a good example for my sons if they ever decide to ride motorcycles, my 10 yr old has been riding with me for almost a year. Like you, I was disappointed in not getting enough money selling the first bike but it was such a good deal on the FZ8, I felt like it did make up for it. My insurance has tripled but at least I have a safer, more reliable bike and a warranty. I did stall the bike before I could move it but then rode for about a mile in the dealer lot and then had a 25 mile ride home with no issues. I'm still only at 49 miles on mine, lots of rain here lately in NJ. It's so much louder than the 500cc twin but much smoother too.

Hope you enjoy yours too, buddy. Stay safe.

Davor_

I can only say that I never rode anything (just a scooter once) and I got my bike before I had the license!
First bike first everything and I wouldn't have it any other way!
If you know yourself and know that you can control yourself with the bike you an get whatever you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 50, 5' 11", 175lbs and never rode before. Got my bike before my license. I have had no issues. It took me a week to get use to it and have been having a blast.